Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you let your kids eat or drink in the car?

Posted by   + Show Post

Just curious.  We let DS drink if it's water.  No juices or anything that stains.

Food is off limits. Yes, we have a fairly new car. LOL Maybe after the newness wears off we'll change our minds.

by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
Paigesmommy78
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Only water and only little snacks if it's a must
la_bella_vita
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:35 PM

We avoid it but sometimes comfort is more important. I don't want my kid's thirsty because I want to keep my car pristine.

AngelBaby321
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:38 AM

We have no choice :) it used to be just the babies but then the toddlers got upset and gradually we just said screw it and let everybody eat/drink in the car.

Scarpetta71
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:45 AM

No, I have made the odd exceptional allowance but on the whole I like to stop for a drink and food, I feel uncomfortable drinking and eating with motion, so we just stop should the need arise.

Liastele
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:47 AM

My car is just a car. I'm not worried about resale value as much as my own time. We own a vacuum and apple juice stains come off leather with a bit of scrubbing.

Mygirl30248
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:48 AM
I have always let DD eat & drink in the car. Even when I had a new vehicle just then I was a bit more careful then now. Now with a car older then DD its like yeah whatever lol
carolina_gal
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Love your screen name. How did you come up with that?

Quoting OrangeDreamPop:

I take a small snack and drink for them for after the gym. I usually stay for about an hour and a half and they are always a little hungry after all that running around and playing. I just vacumme up crumbs with my hand held vac, and the one time there was a small spill a washcloth got it out in a second

carolina_gal
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:49 AM

I allowed pretzels in our old car.  How old are your kids?

Quoting Mamatobe15:

She is allowed to eat pretzels and stuff but nothing messy. 

carolina_gal
by Gold Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Why no license?

Quoting auntangelofsix: Yes but we try not to make a mess and if we do we clean it up..its hubbys truck thought I do not have a license and do not drive.

christina2410
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:54 AM
I just bought a new car and I'm trying to limit how much we eat in the car. We all are guilty of making a mess while eating in the car.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)