Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Confused

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:48 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi it's nice to meet you but I had a question..on last Thursday I had notice I was ovulating and I had unprotected sex...so right after I notice I was spotting so I'm thinking my cycle is coming on so on Sat morning my cycle came on but it only lasted 1 day by Sunday it was off but now I'm spotting brownish blood as of today I never had this to happen to me never had an irregular cycle I have been reading about implantation bleeding and I have some of the symptoms but I took a pregnant test and it was negative so is it to early for a pt I'm so confused please help me thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Amber1225
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Brownish blood could just be leftover blood from last months cycle. Have you been stressed lately? Many things can cause an irregular period. Try another test in a few days and then again in a week and a week after that if still no positive. But if you're really concerned I would go see your obgyn and let them do a blood test to make sure wether you are or aren't.
Taken21
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Thanks Amber1225! One more question does it really matter about the pt meaning I bought it from the dollar store so it's not a EPT or Clear blue lol

Quoting Amber1225: Brownish blood could just be leftover blood from last months cycle. Have you been stressed lately? Many things can cause an irregular period. Try another test in a few days and then again in a week and a week after that if still no positive. But if you're really concerned I would go see your obgyn and let them do a blood test to make sure wether you are or aren't.
SuckIt69
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 8:57 PM

It's too early for a pregnancy test.  Try again in another week.

Amber1225
by Member on Aug. 13, 2014 at 9:06 PM
No it really doesn't matter, if you're pregnant you're pregnant and it will show up. The name brands claim to detect early if you wanna spring for one in about a week but I have many mommy friends who found out with dollar tree pregnancy tests lol however It is pretty early so you may still wanna wait another week and try another one and/or visit your doctor

Quoting Taken21: Thanks Amber1225! One more question does it really matter about the pt meaning I bought it from the dollar store so it's not a EPT or Clear blue lol

Quoting Amber1225: Brownish blood could just be leftover blood from last months cycle. Have you been stressed lately? Many things can cause an irregular period. Try another test in a few days and then again in a week and a week after that if still no positive. But if you're really concerned I would go see your obgyn and let them do a blood test to make sure wether you are or aren't.
funhappymom
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 7:21 AM

I definitely think it's too early. Give it a week or so and test again. Oh and if  you don't get AF or a BFP, I would contact your doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)