Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow really?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ok, Ok ... so Monday I found it my son's teacher. Same day that were passing out apps for the after school program. The guy said there's still room and that in order not to be wait listed that someone would have to attend the orientation in the middle of the afternoon the next day.

I arranged for my bf's mom to go. I couldn't get off work. She goes, gives me the info including saying the lady running the orientation said they start the next day (which was today).

This morning I told my kid he was in the program and to go after class. Something had me a tad unsure though. That was that the orientation lady said they were all there because they got a phone call. Well I never got a phone call. I had someone go because the guy the day before said in order not to get wait listed someone had to show up.

Ok, so today I called and some with the lady running it. She checked and ya ... my son wasn't enrolled and is on the wait list. I was angry, but didn't go off. I just expressed how upset and disappointed I was. Like why wouldn't she be seeing who was there etc if the guy the day before was getting apps and saying what he was saying?

So irritated, but whatever. She said the first grader wait list isn't too long, so as people don't show up or dis enroll/get dis enrolled that they'd call people. Fingers crossed.
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
booaura
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would you assume he's been accepted into the program without receiving any kind of confirmation? That makes no sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2007mommy2be
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:42 PM
Did you not read? The day before the guy was accepting more applications. He said the orientation must be stabbed "or else" be wait listed. I had someone go (like he told people they could). At the orientation the lady told my man's mom and everyone else how their kid starts the next day, gave them the rules/guidelines, and gave them her email and phone number. So um why wouldn't I think he was in?

What that should have done was A: made sure whoever was representing that day knew their information and or also at orientation been organized enough to say if you're a parent who turned in your application Monday to check with her if their child is in or wait listed.

Quoting booaura: Why would you assume he's been accepted into the program without receiving any kind of confirmation? That makes no sense.
booaura
by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:50 PM
No, you assumed that showing up would automatically save your child a spot. You didn't double check or verify anything. Where was the letter stating acceptance? Did you have anything but your assumption and the generic orientation paperwork?

Quoting 2007mommy2be: Did you not read? The day before the guy was accepting more applications. He said the orientation must be stabbed "or else" be wait listed. I had someone go (like he told people they could). At the orientation the lady told my man's mom and everyone else how their kid starts the next day, gave them the rules/guidelines, and gave them her email and phone number. So um why wouldn't I think he was in?

What that should have done was A: made sure whoever was representing that day knew their information and or also at orientation been organized enough to say if you're a parent who turned in your application Monday to check with her if their child is in or wait listed.

Quoting booaura: Why would you assume he's been accepted into the program without receiving any kind of confirmation? That makes no sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2007mommy2be
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 8:23 AM
You have comprehension problems. The guy said "if you don't show up then you're wait listed." He said there's still room. You're not going to get a letter from the day before. Letters take time. You're so special.

And what part of at the orientation the presenter told every parent including my bfs mom that their child was in and start the next day don't you get?

They're shit is obviously not together.

Quoting booaura: No, you assumed that showing up would automatically save your child a spot. You didn't double check or verify anything. Where was the letter stating acceptance? Did you have anything but your assumption and the generic orientation paperwork?

Quoting 2007mommy2be: Did you not read? The day before the guy was accepting more applications. He said the orientation must be stabbed "or else" be wait listed. I had someone go (like he told people they could). At the orientation the lady told my man's mom and everyone else how their kid starts the next day, gave them the rules/guidelines, and gave them her email and phone number. So um why wouldn't I think he was in?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)