Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here...(August 27th)

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Welcome new members!
shayraine
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:28 PM
2 moms liked this

hello, my name is Arieana.  I have a 3 year old daughter whos going to be a big sister in March. Find out the sex in october. I grew up in Boise Idaho, now live in Kuna, ID. I am single, unfortunatly, but it works out this way. I like to read on my spare time and to listen to music. my favorite thing to do when and if I find free time is to excercise lol I guess what's been on my mind today is having a hard time with 3 year old tantrums and feel like I am going to pull my hair out every day. we constantly but heads and she will not listen to me anymore. I don't know how to disapline very well and am tired of arguing with her. shes been kicking my stomach when she gets put in time out she's , hitting, whining and talking like a baby , i don't know if it's this new baby but I just don't know what to do anymore. is this normal behavior? 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:17 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:40 PM

Welcome to CafeMom Arieana,
Congrats on being pregnant!  Part of that could be the new baby,
Hope you can find away to put her in time out so she can't kick the baby.
Also try taking some of her favorite things/tous away when she does not listen.  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting shayraine:

hello, my name is Arieana.  I have a 3 year old daughter whos going to be a big sister in March. Find out the sex in october. I grew up in Boise Idaho, now live in Kuna, ID. I am single, unfortunatly, but it works out this way. I like to read on my spare time and to listen to music. my favorite thing to do when and if I find free time is to excercise lol I guess what's been on my mind today is having a hard time with 3 year old tantrums and feel like I am going to pull my hair out every day. we constantly but heads and she will not listen to me anymore. I don't know how to disapline very well and am tired of arguing with her. shes been kicking my stomach when she gets put in time out she's , hitting, whining and talking like a baby , i don't know if it's this new baby but I just don't know what to do anymore. is this normal behavior? 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM
Welcome!
Well she seems to be lashing out,you can't let her think kicking you is acceptable for sure. Have you tried other forms of discipline, like taking something away? If she is throwing fits I would not give it a lot of attention.

Quoting shayraine:

momgameon
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Hi Arienna,

Sounds like your little one is pushing the limits. She gets you and reads you like a book I bet. She sounds very strong willed.

However, you are still the parent. Your will has to be stronger and she needs to sense that. What does she like most to do? What does she have fun at? Can you use that as a carrot on a stick? Here's the thing, sometimes it's quite painful to be the parent and do things that make our kids unhappy but at times can't be helped. Her formative years are now.... Children will push us as far as we let them. They are figuring out their boundaries. Set them for her.

I wouldn't mind the tantrums as long as she did them in her room behind closed doors. Alone (safe room) I would let her go at it. She can come out when she is done. Kicking and hitting you is a huge NO. State your position clearly, explain the consequences and stick to it. There is no need to argue with a 3 year old. She can argue alone in her room.

You are stronger than you think you are.... let her see that. Stay consistent and firm. Explain you love her but will NOT tolerate this behavior.

momgameon
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi there!

I'm a mother of 3. 1 boy and 2 girls. I'm married and met my husband in school. I have had a great time raising my children. When I have time to myself, I read, study and play the piano. My kids are all 3 years a part in age.

We have had some funny times as I always had to stay a step ahead of the little guys. Today they are great, love going to school love each other.

I joined this site to see what tips I could give to others and to receive tips as well.

Thanks

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:31 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
How old are your kids?  nice to meet you :)

Quoting momgameon:

Hi there!

I'm a mother of 3. 1 boy and 2 girls. I'm married and met my husband in school. I have had a great time raising my children. When I have time to myself, I read, study and play the piano. My kids are all 3 years a part in age.

We have had some funny times as I always had to stay a step ahead of the little guys. Today they are great, love going to school love each other.

I joined this site to see what tips I could give to others and to receive tips as well.

Thanks

prima2014
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, my daughter is 15 and I have been a single mom since 2005 (wow! nearly 10 years).  work full time and am pretty much a single mom in every aspect. My ex lives far far away in California and my daughter vists him once or twice a year. I work as a marketing manager and love my job, I love to read, cook, travel, go bicycling in the Summer, and I recently added snorkeling and diving to my interests.

As to what's on my mind: Until about 2-1/2 years ago I dated only occasionally and never introduced anyone to my child as I just did not meet anyone I clicked with. But I have met a guy since who I enjoy being with. I am not up for marriage (I think one bad marriage is quite enough in a lifetime) and neither is he. So it looks like we have a casual, but good relationship. I did introduce him to my child and it took time, but she's kinda ok with him around. I have no intention of moving in with any guy and it works well - I have the time and space to focus on my daughter and my bf and I meet every weekend. 

Well, my bf and I have been trying to take just one trip a year together. Is it wrong of me to ask my ex to take care of my child just at that tme? He's never been a full time dad. For 11 months of the year he has no responsibilities other than himself (he's not re-married either). Should I feel guilty about this? I would actually love to take my daughter with me on some trips in future, but this particular one is in the middle of the school semester. Please advise. I have no family around to help.

hugss

by Emerald Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:27 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
How long will you be gone on the trip your planning?  Is your dasughter ok with staying with her Dad?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting prima2014:

Hi, my daughter is 15 and I have been a single mom since 2005 (wow! nearly 10 years).  work full time and am pretty much a single mom in every aspect. My ex lives far far away in California and my daughter vists him once or twice a year. I work as a marketing manager and love my job, I love to read, cook, travel, go bicycling in the Summer, and I recently added snorkeling and diving to my interests.

As to what's on my mind: Until about 2-1/2 years ago I dated only occasionally and never introduced anyone to my child as I just did not meet anyone I clicked with. But I have met a guy since who I enjoy being with. I am not up for marriage (I think one bad marriage is quite enough in a lifetime) and neither is he. So it looks like we have a casual, but good relationship. I did introduce him to my child and it took time, but she's kinda ok with him around. I have no intention of moving in with any guy and it works well - I have the time and space to focus on my daughter and my bf and I meet every weekend. 

Well, my bf and I have been trying to take just one trip a year together. Is it wrong of me to ask my ex to take care of my child just at that tme? He's never been a full time dad. For 11 months of the year he has no responsibilities other than himself (he's not re-married either). Should I feel guilty about this? I would actually love to take my daughter with me on some trips in future, but this particular one is in the middle of the school semester. Please advise. I have no family around to help.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:43 PM

Welcome to the group :) Do you get to stay home with your kids? It's nice to meet you!

Quoting momgameon:

Hi there!

Thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)