Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Seattle

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 2:04 AM
  • 42 Replies

My DH and I are having a trip to Seattle WA, for 8 days,we are so excited about it!any fun in the city to introduce?and what nearby towns or cities to drive to see for fun within our 8 days?In your opinions,moms?THANK YOU!

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NatLynn
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:33 AM

I don't know about nearby towns and cities, but the Duck Boat tours are so much fun.  We made our first trip up there in June and that honestly was the highlight of our trip.  I bet a Seahawks or Mariners game (if you are sports fans) would be fun. We went to 2 Mariners games and had a blast.

If you go to the space needle, be prepaied to pay a lot of money just to ride the elevator and stand on the observation deck.  It cost $70 for two adults and a kid.

Know that there is a train/monorail that can take you from one end of the city to the other (the ends are the only stops) for really cheap and much faster than driving or a cab.  The stops are at the Space needle (also where the Duck Boats are, and two museums), and downtown- within walking distance to Pike Place Market (lots of good shopping between the mall drop-off and the PPM). I loved the downtown area. You can walk down to Pike Place and see the chaos (fun chaos, not bad chaos) of the market (some of the most beautiful cut flowers you will ever find), go to the acquarium, and walk along the shops that are waterfront.   If you get a chance to go to Beechers Cheese, on Pike's, they have the most wonderful cheddar cheese...their jack is great, too. They sell macaroni and cheese, and the line is usually long for that, but I went for the cheeses (spendy, but good).  Of course, the first ever Starbucks is on Pikes, too.

Seattle is fantastic.  I really hope you enjoy your trip.  We were there for 5 days and didn't feel like it was enough time.

Bambooflute
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Seems so fun,thank you so much,I do think I'll try the duck boat tour!lol

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this

There is tons of fun things to do.  There also coupons for many of the attractions. We happened to go during december so dd got to see santa in the space needle and have a free photo taken.  She was 6 or 7 at the time and her favorite thing was the monorail ride.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 5:52 PM

If you can take the ferry over I highly suggest you spend a couple days in the HOH Rain-forest and Ruby Beach on the Peninsula.

(That is where we are in my signature pictures)

Bambooflute
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Do you mean the Rainer mountain with snow around the year?The picture looks fabulous!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

If you can take the ferry over I highly suggest you spend a couple days in the HOH Rain-forest and Ruby Beach on the Peninsula.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:46 AM

Olympic National Forest (where the HOH rain forest is located & Ruby Beach) is on the left, Mt. Rainier is in between Tacoma & Olympia. 

I grew up near Everett!

Quoting Bambooflute:

Do you mean the Rainer mountain with snow around the year?The picture looks fabulous!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Bambooflute
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:57 AM

It's pretty clear on the map,thank you so much,I think we're going to make it!OK,you grew up in Everett, its very near Seattle.A lot of seafood, good for you!lol

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Olympic National Forest (where the HOH rain forest is located & Ruby Beach) is on the left, Mt. Rainier is in between Tacoma & Olympia. 

I grew up near Everett!

Quoting Bambooflute:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:07 AM
RUUUNNNNN!!
Just joking! The weather is going up & down but it's still nice. Get a city pass.

www.citypass.com/seattle

Quoting Bambooflute:

My DH and I are having a trip to Seattle WA, for 8 days,we are so excited about it!any fun in the city to introduce?and what nearby towns or cities to drive to see for fun within our 8 days?In your opinions,moms?THANK YOU!

autodidact
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:10 AM

do the underground tour

mymanben
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 4:18 AM
I live there. There is a lot to do in Seattle. Go early in the day and it will you be busy all day! Take the ferry to the islands too! Wild Waves is a small theme park.. A litle pricey but its fun. Its a water park and theme park.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)