Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sleeping

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 3:02 AM
  • 5 Replies
My child is currently 5 months old, he has never been a good sleeper, takes great naps in his bed. Every night at 8 I give him a bath, rub him down with lotion, put pajamas on him, feed him and try to get him to sleep, from the time I start trying to put him to sleep, it's at least 3 hours of screaming, fighting, arching his back. When he finally goes to sleep, he tosses and turns all night long, finally he gets up screaming again about 4. He is on reflux meds and has been for while now. We have a solid schedule durring the day, and he naps 2-3 hours in one nap durring the day. Any suggestions on what's going on?
by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AbbyandMe999
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 4:27 AM

Wow, my little one has always been a good sleeper. I know rubbing their feet helps. I am sure you have tried everything from rocking to driving around the block. Maybe ask his pediatrian. I hope it gets better for you. 

schultzal
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 6:01 AM
I would definitely be consulting a professional. My daughter is a "bad" sleeper, but has never done that.
Brandi_Nicole35
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 8:39 AM
Agreed! I would definitely ask his doctor. My daughter wasn't a very good sleeper at that age but it was my fault because I held her while she napped during the day. I hope things get easier for you and baby.
lady21784
by Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 9:01 AM
If he has acid reflux one thing could be having him sleep in an upright position. Its easier when they are babies b/c they can sleep in the car seats. At 5 months he probably still can sleep in it. I did that with both of my girls. My youngest had acid reflux and it really helped her. The other one just liked sleeping in the car seat...weird girl.
Reina13
by Gold Member on Aug. 16, 2014 at 10:39 AM

I was thinking that the acid reflux may be causing the issues even though he is on medication for it. Also try talking to your doctor about it. Babies should be able to sleep peacefully and not toss and turn all night. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN