Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have you ever taken your kid(s) on a trip?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:50 AM
  • 329 Replies

Have you ever taken your kid(s) on a trip?  Where did you go?  Do you travel a lot? 

When I was still married to their dad, we took our kids to Cancun one summer, it was so much fun!  The next year we drove from Colorado to California with some camping and visiting of relatives along the way as well as a day at Disneyland where we met up with my step mom and youngest brother for the day.  Since my divorce, my daughter and I have been to New York City on vacation and I'm starting to plan a trip with my younger son (my oldest is off on his own adventures now) that will take place in a couple of years.

travel

by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Several times a year, every year. We love going places.

Osstie
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes we go at least twice a year. We've taken them to St Maarten, Florida, Arizona, the Grand Canyon, and we go camping. We have taken them since they were babies :) we took our youngest to key west when he was 4 months old.
JamieC0403
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Our three year old has been to Puerto Rico, Rome, New York, DC, Philadelphia, and Chicago just for fun. And we've made the trip out to California to visit family several times. He's gotten to be a pretty good traveler.

We were going to go on a cruise this year, but my husband's job wouldn't let him take off enough time this summer. (We'd need at least 9 days - 7 for the cruise and two for travel and they would only let him take 7 at a time.)
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Road trip? Yes. Flying? No
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Where was your last trip?

Quoting Serabeth06:

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Very nice!  Where is your favorite place to vacation?

Quoting Osstie: Yes we go at least twice a year. We've taken them to St Maarten, Florida, Arizona, the Grand Canyon, and we go camping. We have taken them since they were babies :) we took our youngest to key west when he was 4 months old.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Wow, you've been a lot of places with your little one!  What are you going to do instead of the cruise?

Quoting JamieC0403: Our three year old has been to Puerto Rico, Rome, New York, DC, Philadelphia, and Chicago just for fun. And we've made the trip out to California to visit family several times. He's gotten to be a pretty good traveler. We were going to go on a cruise this year, but my husband's job wouldn't let him take off enough time this summer. (We'd need at least 9 days - 7 for the cruise and two for travel and they would only let him take 7 at a time.)

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Where do you like to go?

Quoting MixedCooke: Road trip? Yes. Flying? No

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this
We've made Disney World an annual trip so far.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Where do you like to go?

Quoting MixedCooke: Road trip? Yes. Flying? No

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Last in-state trip was to the beach, we went with BIL and my niece, spent the day. Last out-of-state trip, we went to Myrtle Beach for a weekend, swam in the hotel pool, went to Wonder Works, stuff like that. DD's birthday is in a few weeks, so we're planning a trip for her, but it will have to be close since I'm due the following week. xD

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Where was your last trip?

Quoting Serabeth06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)