Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is this too cheesy??

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:20 PM
  • 13 Replies

Our exchange student will be turning 16 soon and we're talking about bday party ideas. We thought about renting the youth room at our church because it's pretty big and has a big projector we could use to watch a movie on. We're thinking a sleepover theme.. but a kind of sophisticated, nicely decorated (lots of pintrest ideas!) sleepover. I thought about buying Jamberry nails for all the girls and doing facials, watching a movie, lots of food and sweets, etc..

But, is this too cheesy for a 16 yr old? She's a really good girl and can't think of much else to do.

by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Have you asked her? I would try and do something that she doesn't have wherever she is from-roller skating, bowling, ice skating, etc.
mommychelle01
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Yes, they have most all of the same things we have here (locally anyways).. But they don't really do big sleepovers like she's seen in American movies. It's something she definitely would like but is nervouse other teenage girls may not?

Quoting MixedCooke: Have you asked her? I would try and do something that she doesn't have wherever she is from-roller skating, bowling, ice skating, etc.
MixedCooke
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
If they are her friends, they should like it still.

Quoting mommychelle01: Yes, they have most all of the same things we have here (locally anyways).. But they don't really do big sleepovers like she's seen in American movies. It's something she definitely would like but is nervouse other teenage girls may not?

Quoting MixedCooke: Have you asked her? I would try and do something that she doesn't have wherever she is from-roller skating, bowling, ice skating, etc.
fostermommy1
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 5:52 PM

I think a spa night sleepover sounds like a lot of fun.  I'm sure the girls would enjoy it.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:17 PM

I think it's a great idea.

MamaBearEH
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:52 PM
I think it's a good idea for a much younger child like maybe 8 or 9 years old.
sharonda7700
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Aww that is a cute picture you post

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:14 PM
Have you asked her what she wants to do? I'm kind of out of touch with what teens like but that sounds fun
mommychelle01
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:08 PM

So what is more appropriate for a 16 year old?

Quoting MamaBearEH: I think it's a good idea for a much younger child like maybe 8 or 9 years old.

mommychelle01
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Yes, she likes the idea a lot. BUT, she's not from here and she doesn't know what the girls here would like. And it's been awhile since I was 16.. but when I was, I wasn't doing anything that I want her doing. :\

Quoting jconney80: Have you asked her what she wants to do? I'm kind of out of touch with what teens like but that sounds fun

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN