Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What determines how many children you should have???

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:41 PM
  • 10 Replies

For me fiances

by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
libbybell
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:38 PM
How many I can physically take care of and not be too stressed out, or burden others. How many I can comfortably afford.

I have one child, no plans for more.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Lack of sperm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caustinb
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Same here, but we have two. We could afford more, but it would change our lifestyle and this is how we wanted our kids to live. So we are done.

Quoting libbybell: How many I can physically take care of and not be too stressed out, or burden others. How many I can comfortably afford.

I have one child, no plans for more.
Zombienator9
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:42 PM
Depends on multiple things. Finances, how my husband feels about more, how I feel...
Right now we know we want a third. But, #4 is up in the air.
Lala06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:44 PM
My sanity and finances
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
martini8787
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Fiances, physical capability (both in conceiving and the demands of raising a child), health of parents and child. Also personal views on just how large or small the couple wants their family to be. We are sticking with one but if a by chance a second came along that would be wonderful too.

Elegy
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 3:12 PM

How many I could handle. I am stretched to my mental/emotional limit with just 2, so there is no way I would ever want more. Plus I just am so incredibly over babies. Just.. omg.. my son is 9 months old and I am so ready for him to just get up and start walking and talking so we can all DO things again and have fun as a family!

Carrie1485
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:52 AM

I think that finances and time is the biggest factors. I currently have 6 children and my SO wants another one. I am not sure that we have the money or the time to make sure that they all get the attention they deserve. 

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:42 PM

Finances here, too. Being able to support the child physically and financially.

sillycraftymama
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:05 PM
For me, mental strength and patience. My husbands career forces him to be out of town majority of the time, and sleeping at home less than half the month. So I'm on 100% of the time, juggling school, Dr appt, play dates, errands, etc, etc. I'm forced to do it all by myself. We have three kids and if I had another I think I would go crazy with the stress and lack of "me time".
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)