Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you let your kids play in restaurant playgrounds?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:45 PM
  • 27 Replies

I wonder just how dirty those places are. I have never seen anyone cleaning them.  I can only imagine the filth in them.  I would never let my child in one.

by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
camogirlluv_83
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:10 PM
We purposely go to Chick-fil-a to let them play but I have seen them clean it and 1 time a month they bring in professional cleaners to pressure wash everything.
SparklyCoffee
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:10 PM

No. We do not eat at those kind of establishments. 

stykir
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:13 PM

the only one near me is a bit of a drive so we don't go there too often. but in winter i do sometimes make it a point to go just so they can burn off some energy, it's basically the only place to play indoors around us. It's not very dirty. Probably germy, but that's what soap is for. 

EmpireRegal
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Yes. Our places clean them weekly or monthly. A little bit of germs build immune systems
PeachQuean
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 2:18 PM
If we happen to be at one yes.

My two yr old won't eat McDonald's or Burger king at all and those are the only places that have them here.

She'll eat A & W tho. And they don't have one, not here anyways.

I used to work at McDonald's as a cleaner. We cleaned them down every single night. And we had someone clean it once during the day. Or any other time it needs to be cleaned(accidents, puking etc....) it got cleaned.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 18, 2014 at 3:07 PM
My kids are big! I'm not sure they clean the playground equipment at the elementary school? When they were little they did a few times. For the most part my kids played at parks,no need to be trapped inside when its nice outside.
april_fooler
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Actually I have seen them clean them at Chick-Fil-A.

How old are your kids? They have a height limit there, don't they?

Quoting camogirlluv_83: We purposely go to Chick-fil-a to let them play but I have seen them clean it and 1 time a month they bring in professional cleaners to pressure wash everything.

april_fooler
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:05 PM

At least the rain washes stuff off there.

Quoting Hottmomma607: My kids are big! I'm not sure they clean the playground equipment at the elementary school? When they were little they did a few times. For the most part my kids played at parks,no need to be trapped inside when its nice outside.

april_fooler
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:05 PM

I would doubt that not all clean them since they are franchised. So many I have seen are nasty!

Strangest thing you found while cleaning them?

Quoting PeachQuean: If we happen to be at one yes. My two yr old won't eat McDonald's or Burger king at all and those are the only places that have them here. She'll eat A & W tho. And they don't have one, not here anyways. I used to work at McDonald's as a cleaner. We cleaned them down every single night. And we had someone clean it once during the day. Or any other time it needs to be cleaned(accidents, puking etc....) it got cleaned.

cox3
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:01 AM
My kids do. Have never had a problem with them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)