Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you have pets?

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM
  • 113 Replies

I have cats and dogs who are like family to us. They pretty much come and go as they please through the pet door in the back. The dogs have to let the cats in, though, lol, since we've got one of those sensor type doors that only opens to the sensors in their collars and the cats wouldn't leave collars on long enough to have them, lol.

Anyway, do you have any pets? If so, what do you have? Do you let them go outside or are they indoor-only?

by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hawaiianglitz
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:43 PM
Yes! I have 4 pets. 3 cats and one puppy. Technically one kitten two cats. But yes I live in the mountains and they have free range to go where they please..pretty spoiled life. Including the puppy. And I love them to pieces! One black and white tuxedo cat, one rare breed calico, an all black Halloween kitten, (she's sweetest thing nit evil at all) and a chihuahua Jack Russell (blonde) puppy.. My favorite is the tuxedo..he's my boy. His name is piano.;)
milewmommy2013
by New Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 2 cats which are indoors only and 1 dog a Great Dane who lounges around the house most of the day. My cats are indoors mostly because we live by busy roads and there are a lot of indoor/outdoor cats in my neighborhood. I just feel like it's safer to keep them in. They are very happy inside.
StreetsAhead
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 5:09 PM
1 dog, he gets a walk at least once a day
SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 5:41 PM

We have 3 dogs that have pretty constant access to the fenced back yard. We also have a snake, 2 mice and a hamster

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 5:53 PM
We have a dog (Molly) a cat (Tamone) and 4 chickens. 3 hens and rooster her are Lilly, Alma, peanut, and Buddy.
motherslove82
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:03 PM

I have three dogs - an eight year old Husky/Collie mix named Sophie, a Basset Hound that we found injured and nursed back to health whose age is estimated at being between three and five years old named Hunter, and a Pomchi who is fifteen months old named Betsie. I also have a ferret who is probably less than a year old named Arya. The dogs are indoors and outdoors. The ferret stays inside.

nelliesmommy
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:04 PM
2 cats.
Cowgirl_Coyote
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a farm, lol. We have six dogs (two border collies, an aussie, a husky, a St. Bernard, and a basset hound), 6 horses and one on the way (due any day), 3 cats, 5 cows, 18 sheep (one comes in the house and thinks she's a dog), a mule, a rabbit, a bunch of chickens, 2 ducks, and 2 goats. They're all pets. No one is getting eaten at my house, lol. 

furbabymum
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Dogs, peacocks, chickens, ducks, turkeys. Well can I claim them to be pets if we eat them?

Cowgirl_Coyote
by Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Is your basset hound a big baby like mine?

Quoting motherslove82:

I have three dogs - an eight year old Husky/Collie mix named Sophie, a Basset Hound that we found injured and nursed back to health whose age is estimated at being between three and five years old named Hunter, and a Pomchi who is fifteen months old named Betsie. I also have a ferret who is probably less than a year old named Arya. The dogs are indoors and outdoors. The ferret stays inside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN