Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

monster MIL!

Posted by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:34 PM
  • 58 Replies
Anyone else have issues with their mother in law?!
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Can't stand mine she is very rude, annoying and very disrespectful. I always have issue with mine and hubby is too blind to see who she really even after what she did to me tonight picking me up from work yelling at me like I was a child.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Not with my mil, but with my own mother. My mil has been a wonderful woman. My mother on the other hand....

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:44 AM
No,thankfully.
funhappymom
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 7:43 AM

I love my mil about 95% of the time. The biggest issue for us was religion. She wanted us to remain in her denomination and it took her awhile to come around to the fact that we are happy in the denomination that we chose and it doesn't make us evil.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 7:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope. My MIL is amazing and I love her. 

RogoishMom
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Thankfully no. We actually ended up renting the house right next door to her and her husband. Other than my own mom and sister, she's probably my best friend. I got lucky!
SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 5:56 PM

After reading the horror stories I have read on here, I am very thankful for my wonderful MIL. 

vandmkinsey
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 6:13 PM

Yes! My mil came to my sons (her grandsons) third birthday party last year... Didn't talk to anyone and didn't bring him a present!! She's not invited this year.

HIJKLM
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 6:17 PM
My MIL has always been crazy and annoying but since having DD I've grown to greatly dislike her. Now that she has a "real" grand baby she seems to forget what adopted kids feel like (DH is adopted by her ex).
famiglia_bella
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 6:19 PM

She sounds horrid.  I'm sorry. :( 

Quoting HIJKLM: My MIL has always been crazy and annoying but since having DD I've grown to greatly dislike her. Now that she has a "real" grand baby she seems to forget what adopted kids feel like (DH is adopted by her ex).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN