Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

eating hasel

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:40 AM
  • 3 Replies
My son is 17 months old and its like pulling teeth to get him to eat Im constantly making food for him and he only eats a piece or two.does anyone else have thid problem and maybe can give me some ideas off some filling foods for
him that I could try?. I
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
funhappymom
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 7:30 AM

Sounds pretty normal. My dd who is 2 doesn't eat a ton. She eats enough to sustain her and not a bite more.

Kids will eat when they're hungry. Just keep offering him good healthy options. All of my kids love fruit and if offered fruit will eat a ton of it.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 12:19 PM

That's totally normal for toddlers.  I'd suggest you have a variety of foods around for him to munch on when he's hungry.... easy things like fruit/veggies, string cheese, crackers, etc.  Don't expect him to eat much at meal time, but he will eat when he's hungry.

Goodemote2
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 1:43 PM
I use ice cube trays for the toddlers I babysit. I use two cubes for fruits, raisins and cut up banana, two cubes for veggies, usually one cooked and one raw such as carrots and peas, one cube for cheese and two for crackers. This way they graze through it and I don't throw away a lot. For lunch I do the same things with whatever I fix for lunch plus a few of the fruit and veggie. Sounds like a normal toddler to me! Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN