Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What is your favorite thing from the 80's?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:03 PM
  • 10 Replies
I feel like taking a trip down memory lane. :)

What's your favorite thing or things from or about the 80's? TV shows, movies, characters, toys, styles, ideals, shoes, etc?
by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Some of my favorite shows! ALF was a huge favorite and so was Wonder Years. I had a huge crush on Kevin from Wonder Years and Charles on Charles in Charge Lol
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
My baby blanket. Lol
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

These were another two of my favorites!
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:17 PM
Aww Lol I remember giving mine away when I was 5 :(

Quoting MissTacoBell: My baby blanket. Lol
kenoss19
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
The TV shows were so much better than most of the crap in tv now. Plus, I miss the hair.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:23 PM
They were! They actually had values and morals! I miss that a lot

Quoting kenoss19: The TV shows were so much better than most of the crap in tv now. Plus, I miss the hair.
gracef282
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Lots of fishing and camping when kids were young.... Did alot of travelling then. Disco, big hair. Production shows like, hair, joesphs technicolour coat, cat, grease....
Avarah
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 1:32 AM

You think that, but when I went back on Netflix to show my kids some of the old tv shows their dad and I watched growing up, I had to fast forward through a LOT of inappropriate material.

I think we're much more aware of age appropriateness on tv now and there's a much more clearly delineated difference between what are adult shows and what are kids shows.

Quoting jconney80: They were! They actually had values and morals! I miss that a lot
Quoting kenoss19: The TV shows were so much better than most of the crap in tv now. Plus, I miss the hair.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:53 AM

Yeah I actually watched Blossom recently and I was shocked at how adult the situations were and what they were talking about. When I was a kid I never caught on to it or thought anything of it. But I think you're right. They might have had more adult things that were funny but they did at least have morals and values

Quoting Avarah:

You think that, but when I went back on Netflix to show my kids some of the old tv shows their dad and I watched growing up, I had to fast forward through a LOT of inappropriate material.

I think we're much more aware of age appropriateness on tv now and there's a much more clearly delineated difference between what are adult shows and what are kids shows.

Quoting jconney80: They were! They actually had values and morals! I miss that a lot

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:50 AM

My namesake of course....along with all his friends.

Oh and Punky Brewster....love that show and my boys do too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)