Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pregnant and alone

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:52 PM
  • 35 Replies
So I've recently found out that I'm pregnant by an old flame. Everything was going good until I found out about the pregnancy. I find myself wondering if I should continue this pregnancy or not. Can some one help
by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 9:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Only you know what is right for you. You have three options to consider carefully, abortion, adoption, and parenting. Both adoption and parenting require the old flame to consent/be involved. Abortion is purely your choice. How far along are you? Do you want a child now/can you affors a child/ are you ok being tied to this man for the rest of your life?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebelmomma4508
by Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 10:19 PM
7 moms liked this
Hi. I know ur scared. I am a third time single mom...currently pregnant & no help. I wont say it will be easy, but I will say it will be rewarding. My first two I raised alone & I got all the memories. Time is precious & goes by so fast & with this pregnancy I was shocked to find out I was & couldnt be happy at first. I was in an abusive relationship & I finally got away from him. It took me awhile to be happy about this pregnancy, but I did get there. Everyone has a worse problem or story. Yours might be getting pregnant by an old flame....mine was getting pregnant by an abusive guy.....& somebody has a worse story than us both! The point is.....your strength is being tested this very minute. Even though it might seem unbearable right now....God never gives us more than we can handle & if this old flame dont want to be part of your child's life....enjoy the memories to yourself. Its his loss & u can say u dont know who the father is when u sign the birth certificate. I hope things work out for u.

Quoting Jeymoret: So I've recently found out that I'm pregnant by an old flame. Everything was going good until I found out about the pregnancy. I find myself wondering if I should continue this pregnancy or not. Can some one help
AnnaMecham702
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:58 PM
I had my son three months ago and it has been the most amazing experience of my life. Although I am not doing it alone and cannot imagine what you are going through I can say that you have to do what is best for you. Consider whether or not you want to parent and if you've thought about having kids before. Good luck! I hope you figure out what will make you happiest.
famiglia_bella
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Do you want to be a mother? to be a single mom?   Do you have a stable support system?  Probably tons of questions you are asking yourself right now, so be honest with you.  Be forethinking as well.

I was raised by a single mom.  She was amazing.  I never realized how tough things must have been even though I lived it.  And it was tough.  But my mom is the strongest woman I know.  She's the only person I ever believed in.

I wish you peace of mind.  :)

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 8:10 AM
2 moms liked this

How far along are you?

I can say personally, I would not abort. I would consider adoption but honestly, after 2 miscarriages, difficulty conceiving, and enjoying every minute of my pregnancies, I don't think I could do adoption either.

To me, kids are a blessing. Unfortunately, I cannot make the decision for you. You need to look deep into yourself and decide what is best for you, keeping in mind, no matter what you decide it will be a lifetime decision.

Good luck (((HUGS)))

MusherMaggie
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
You don't necessarily have to have the "old flame" involved. Have the name and contact information recorded in case it becomes pertinent for medical history later on. There is no way I would have an abortion. There are couples more than willing to adopt, and lots of resources if you choose to bring up your baby yourself.
Jeymoret
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I just went for my first appt today I'm around 7weeks. He really wants me to get an abortion but I don't want to. I have a strong support system I just wish he would stop making this difficult for me. He makes it seem like I'm making the complete wrong decision for wanting to continue my pregnancy.
Memere60
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Then walk away from him, have your baby, and say you don't know who the father is (like someone suggested). You DON't want to have an abortion, and you have a support system? Don't let him bully you into ending your baby's life just because he doesn't want the child. Good luck, and I am going to pray for you. 

Quoting Jeymoret: I just went for my first appt today I'm around 7weeks. He really wants me to get an abortion but I don't want to. I have a strong support system I just wish he would stop making this difficult for me. He makes it seem like I'm making the complete wrong decision for wanting to continue my pregnancy.

Jeymoret
by New Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 6:04 PM
4 moms liked this
Thank you ladies, I spoke to my mom and told her what's been going on she said to tell him not to contact me any more if he's gonna continue to argue with me. Which is what I plan on doing
ChristineTate
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Take some time to think about what your belief system is and your personality type.  If you believe that life begins at conception, you may have a hard time living with an abortion choice.  Are you a a territorial person who likes to be in control?  You may have a hard time accepting adoption as an option.  Try to quiet all the external input and listen to what your inner voice is telling you.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)