Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

No weight gain

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 10:35 PM
  • 4 Replies
I am 17 weeks pregnant and have had no weight gain so far. I started out at 147 and went down to 134 and have since gained back 10 of those pounds but when it comes down to it I'm still 3 lbs lighter than my pre pregnancy weight but I'm also only 4 foot 10 and was told that I was at least 30 lbs over weight at the start just wondering should i worry I'm not gaining or be greatful lol
by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AnnaMecham702
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 11:54 PM
I walked into l&d weighing the exact same weight and walked out 20 lbs lighter than my pre pregnancy weight. I did gain some weight (which I lost at the end) but not until 20 weeks. If your ob says all is good then all is good! :)
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:13 AM

I would not worry about it.  Many women  lose weight at the beginning since nourishing another being takes more calories.  Eat healthy and exercise so both you and baby are healthy throughout the whole pregnancy.  Your doctor will tell you whether or not to worry about weight gain.

DACIA79
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I'm in the same boat I have lost weight but I haven't been able to gain it back. I'm 21 weeks pregnant and due January 6 2015.
lindseyrodrigue
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 1:04 AM
When I was pregnant with my first I gained no weight and lost a lot barely got a bump because I threw up alot.had a healthy 7 pound 4 oz. Boy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)