Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

groceries

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM
  • 8 Replies
What does your normal grocery list consist of? Just out of curiosity. What do u feed your kids for snacks and drinks throughout the day?
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
carebearkassi
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Drinks for the kids during the day is water with a splash of apple juice. Occasionally I buy a half gallon of chocolate milk to have with dinner or as a treat.

Snacks we do crackers and peanut butter, apples, grapes, goldfish/bunny crackers, string cheese, and kids cliff bars.

Staples on my grocery list are: organic milk, butter, eggs, sliced cheese, sliced turkey, bread, cereal, oatmeal, apple juice, snack items listed above, waffles, chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, and canned soup. And then I add in ingredients for dinner from the meal plan and any condiments we are getting low on.

justone_jen
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 5:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm just going to go through what I grab as I go through the store.

Lettuce, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, grapes, avocado, onion, garlic if I'm out, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, brussel sprouts, eggplant, zucchini, squash, apples, carrots. Bacon if it's on sale. Chicken, ground beef, pork chops, and any seafood that's on sale. Cottage cheese, regular cheese.

Snacks are generally fruit. All she drinks is water, and breastmilk at nap time. She'll occasionally have cow's milk.
PinkEminem
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 5:21 AM

Mostly chicken or turkey, bread, cereal, milk, eggs, yogurt. I've been getting the kids some fruit snacks and such for snacks, but a lot of times they eat fruit. They love fruit. They usually drink water, juice, or gatorade.

ChristineTate
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Shopping List:  The basics--milk, meat, cheese, fruits and vegetables. 

Snacks:  apple with peanut butter, cheese slices, blueberries, raspberries, bananas, grapes, water, milk, apple juice, leftovers from dinner the night before, Clif bars, applesauce.

funhappymom
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:41 AM

We eat a lot of fruit, especially in season and what I am able to can for off season. We also have crackers, cheese, veggies.

We drink either water, milk or iced tea that we make. I try to limit the amount of sugar added but it really depends on who makes it, lol.

My grocery list varies from week to week depending up what meals I have planned and what I already have.

LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Drink (water, gatorade, ice tea, fruit punch)

Milk

Eggs

Snacks (goldfish, cakes, cookies, pies)

lunchmeat

meat (chicken, roast or pork)

Fruit (bananas or strawberries)

Veggies (corn, lima beans or string beans)

K cups

coffee creamer

chips

crackers

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Drinks my kids get water. Snacks fruit. Usual grocery list is hamburger, chicken, milk, eggs, cheese, bread, cereal. You know basics. We go grocery shopping once a mth for big items and a good portion of the food.
myblessingsrjoy
by Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:55 PM

Snacks: string cheese, yogurt, fresh fruit, nuts, popcorn

Drinks: water, lemonade

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN