Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What's for Dinner (Wednesday)

Posted by   + Show Post

What's cooking in your kitchen for tonight?

photo bearchalkboard.gif
Join us at
Time Out for You

by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Oh,I'm teaching all three of them to cook.They need to be able to take care of themselves...My MIL doesn't see it that way,she's an older Hispanic woman.The older generation Hispanics think that the wife is supposed to do EVERYTHING and so,they NEVER teach their boys how to cook/clean/do laundry....Oh,hell no!!Do you know HOW long it took to convince my hubby I wasn't his maid?! (I will not do that to some other poor unsuspecting woman,lol.)big smile mini

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. still good for them to know how to do those things ;)

Quoting brandyblx:

When Joey (oldest) was 10.It started because my youngest is VERY picky...having him help pick/make the salad usually means he'll eat at least a couple of bites,lol.

Quoting hugss:

That's great!  When/how did you start that with them?

Quoting brandyblx:

Today it's Bryce's turn (11).The other two are 13 and 18.

Quoting hugss:

Sounds yummy,How old are the boys that they make the salad?

Quoting brandyblx:

Yellow rice,boiled potatoes,meat and gravy,whatever salad the boys make when they get home.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
29 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:51 PM

Good for you!
I wish I had taught my sons more things like that although they do pretty well now.
Yes their wives will thnk you for sure.
LOL on dh .. it helps your sons to see your dh do all those things as well :)

Quoting brandyblx:

Oh,I'm teaching all three of them to cook.They need to be able to take care of themselves...My MIL doesn't see it that way,she's an older Hispanic woman.The older generation Hispanics think that the wife is supposed to do EVERYTHING and so,they NEVER teach their boys how to cook/clean/do laundry....Oh,hell no!!Do you know HOW long it took to convince my hubby I wasn't his maid?! (I will not do that to some other poor unsuspecting woman,lol.)big smile mini

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. still good for them to know how to do those things ;)

Quoting brandyblx:

When Joey (oldest) was 10.It started because my youngest is VERY picky...having him help pick/make the salad usually means he'll eat at least a couple of bites,lol.

Quoting hugss:

That's great!  When/how did you start that with them?

Quoting brandyblx:

Today it's Bryce's turn (11).The other two are 13 and 18.

Quoting hugss:

Sounds yummy,How old are the boys that they make the salad?

Quoting brandyblx:

Yellow rice,boiled potatoes,meat and gravy,whatever salad the boys make when they get home.

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:20 PM
Um...chicken, broccoli, cream...I found the recipe on Pinterest :)

Quoting hugss:

Yum,What all goes in that?

Quoting beadingmom17: Chicken pot pie soup

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Not sure. I haven't made a menu for this week. Been to busy with football and soccer. I have hamburger. I think we will do leftovers tho. I'm exauhsted and we have no practices till next Tue I need to relax Lol.
hugss
29 minutes ago

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:52 PM

Except for the broccoli it sounds great :)

Quoting beadingmom17: Um...chicken, broccoli, cream...I found the recipe on Pinterest :)
Quoting hugss:

Yum,What all goes in that?

Quoting beadingmom17: Chicken pot pie soup

hugss
29 minutes ago

by Emerald Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:52 PM

LOL .. hope you can relax then :)

Quoting DallasCowboys81: Not sure. I haven't made a menu for this week. Been to busy with football and soccer. I have hamburger. I think we will do leftovers tho. I'm exauhsted and we have no practices till next Tue I need to relax Lol.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Me too I need it lol

Quoting hugss:

Quoting DallasCowboys81: Not sure. I haven't made a menu for this week. Been to busy with football and soccer. I have hamburger. I think we will do leftovers tho. I'm exauhsted and we have no practices till next Tue I need to relax Lol.

hugss
29 minutes ago

by Emerald Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck :)

Quoting DallasCowboys81: Me too I need it lol
Quoting hugss:

TiniMama
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Shrimp scampi over tri colored pasta...I just wish I had some asparagus to add
hugss
29 minutes ago

by Emerald Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:36 PM

Will still be delicious I am sure ;)

Quoting TiniMama: Shrimp scampi over tri colored pasta...I just wish I had some asparagus to add

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)