Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What did you do for your baby's 1st bday?

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:42 PM
  • 16 Replies
My son will be 1 in mid November and I feel like it's creeping up quick. We haven't discussed a theme or location, nothing! We're thinking Ninja Turtles maybe.. but I feel like I don't want to go all out because he won't remember it and we are on a one income budget (I'm a SAHM) my parents are also going to help though. Of course it is a big deal so I do want him to have fun. I don't want to do Chuck E Cheese or Peter Pipers. We have alot of kids as well as adults between our family's so that's a little too expensive. What did you do? Is a bouncy jumper too much because he will still be too little?
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Night_Roane
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:45 PM
We did Peter Piper's for DD#1. We did not buy alcohol.

DD#2 we did a teddy bear theme. We had a venue because our apt can't house many guests, but it could have been done in a reasonably sized house. I had bubbles and teddy bears for the kids and a couple of homemade games. That was sufficient.
WillVon
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:45 PM
We didn't do anything, just skyped with my parents. My dd wanted nothing to do with her lil cake we got her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tobysmom103
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:46 PM

for my son we had a winnie the pool party at my parents house. For my daughter we had a tinker bell party at the park .

jamares
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Yes we live in an apartment too and I'm sure at least 45 guests. Too many people lol. What kinda games did you guys play?

Quoting Night_Roane: We did Peter Piper's for DD#1. We did not buy alcohol.

DD#2 we did a teddy bear theme. We had a venue because our apt can't house many guests, but it could have been done in a reasonably sized house. I had bubbles and teddy bears for the kids and a couple of homemade games. That was sufficient.
jamares
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:06 PM
I thought about an indoor pool party since itll be almost wonter or the park.. Did u get a jumper?

Quoting tobysmom103:

for my son we had a winnie the pool party at my parents house. For my daughter we had a tinker bell party at the park .

Reese2010727
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 5:49 PM

I took him to a place called Kiddie Mia's which is a smaller and more baby/toddler friendly version of Chuck E Cheese's.  There were about 5 kids there and family. We did general boy themed party.  He also had his little smash cake. 

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:30 PM
We did blues clues for my 13 yr olds first bday, my 17yr olds first bday was whinnie the pooh, my 11 yr olds first bday was Dora, and my 7 yr olds son was monster trucks. Just had a small get together at home with close friends and family. Kept it simple. Like you said they won't remember but pictures tell it all. Good luck
LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:19 PM

For my youngest son's first brithday we had a small party at our house with family and friends. His theme for his party was lil rebel.

Elegy
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:23 PM

We just had close family (my dad, grandparents, and my siblings and their families) over for food, cake, and presents. Kidlet had fun with her relatives and cousins (less of them back then :P ) and ripping into her presents. It wasn't a big thing because like you said, they won't remember. It was a rainbow theme. I made a rainbow cake, and I think those paper chains out of construction paper, balloons, some other colorful things (oh and my MIL made bao and tinted the dough to match the theme, lol).

My son will also be turning 1 in November (on the 15th - are they birthday buddies? XD ) and for him we'll be doing the same thing, just a small simple party. I'm thinking a Very Hungry Caterpillar theme... he doesn't really have any interest in the book yet but my 3 year old will appreciate it :P

Adnalor
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:56 PM
We just had pizza and friends over the house and a small cake. I didn't even buy her a gift because I knew she would get so much and she wouldn't remember anyhow. Lol! Things were so tight, I don't even think we bought her Christmas gifts that year! She just opened grandma and grandpa's gifts.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)