Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you think that our children really need to learn how to shoot an Uzi ?

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 11:54 AM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you approve or disapprove of children learning how to use automatic weapons?

Options:

approve

disapprove

unsure

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

I don't know about many of you but I was shocked and felt sick to my stomach when I saw this story on the morning news last week. It mad me very sad not only for the man that was killed but as a mother, my heart went out to that poor little girl. I feel that the parents should have been more responsible in this matter. What do you think?

http://no-florida.biogenednatesting.com

by on Aug. 30, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I think that these groups need more common sense and more training in gun safety. Guns are not toys even though these people seem to think they are.
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 2:50 PM

No, I don't think we need to be teaching our children to use these types of weapons!

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think any non-military person needs to know how to shoot any fully automatic weapon.
silenceandRose
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Gun safety is very important but never should a child be handed a loaded weapon!
People like these are the reason that gun law abiding people, like my family, are having our rights to own firearms threatened.
booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM
I don't think any private citizen needs to shoot an automatic weapon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Uzi.

And as pro-gun as I am, that situation was an unfortunate case of stupidity by the parents and instructor. I have no issues with children learning to shoot, but there is no reason for her to have been learning to shoot an Uzi.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strongforthem
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I picked unsure, using it as other. No reason a nine year old should have been handling that type of weapon. An older more experienced teenager who had been shooting for years I would have no problem with using that type of weapon at all.
Maime13
by Member on Aug. 30, 2014 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I don't think any non-military person needs to know how to shoot an Uzi. I am not "anti-gun" (I'm also not pro open carry, but that's a topic for another day) but an automatic weapon has no practical use outside of combat/military use.

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:50 AM
My kids can shoot. Its a skill they may need and it's fun. However giving an automatic weapon to a 9 year old has bad idea written all over it. There is no need for that.
Brenna
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Children need a lesson in gun safety.  But an uzi?  Hell no.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN