Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I don't understand about siblings fighting so much

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 8:18 PM
  • 58 Replies

I was reading another post and a comment a mom made was that she was glad for the peace in her house once the children went back to school since they fought so much. My sons were the same way.  Why do siblings fight?

by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine didn't. Honestly they are  26 and 27 and  had 2 fights in their lives. My siblings and I fought constantly. I giuess its whats allowed and how you bring the kids up >

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 8:35 PM

I am glad to hear that yours didn't.  My sister and I fought, and I tried to bring up my sons with different parental policies- it didn't work. :(

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Mine didn't. Honestly they are  26 and 27 and  had 2 fights in their lives. My siblings and I fought constantly. I giuess its whats allowed and how you bring the kids up >

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Bmat:

I am glad to hear that yours didn't.  My sister and I fought, and I tried to bring up my sons with different parental policies- it didn't work. :(

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

You tried. I really think I got extremely lucky. They really didnt have anything to fight over. Being 13months apart had a lot to do with it, I'm sure.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

themaurer7
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Alot of it also personalities. My sister and I still don't speak to this day. My 3 girls are 15 months apart and either get along really well or fight like ridiculous. My oldest dd has a habit of pushing buttons and fightd with her siblings more than the others.
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:38 PM
I wish I knew! There is no middle ground, here. My girls are either best friends or it's a damn cage match.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thatgirl70
by Carin on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:06 PM

My older brothers liked to pick on me, especially the middle one, fun for him was practicing wrestling moves on me. I am much younger. I don't know if they really fought with each other, they usually went off and did their own thing.

DH didn't fight with his two older brothers too much, but the two of them fought with each other considerably, sometimes violently. My MIL ended up quitting her job to stay home because they could not be left unsupervised. They once pushed DH into a glass curio cabinet (they were fighting with each other, he unfortunately got in the way), and had he landed the wrong way, he could have been cut horribly. That was the last straw for MIL.

I have one child and that's all I want. I hear too many sibling horror stories.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine didn't too much :)

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Sep. 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh my gosh. My kids fight like cats and flipping dogs.
No punching but arguing all the time. I was happy when school started lol.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Sibling rivalry is perfectly normal. My twins are only a year old and even they squabble sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Sep. 3, 2014 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this

lol i have no idea.. but i have a son and a daughter and they are 10 years apart (21 and almost 11) and even THEY fight. usually it is about who gets my attention, who gets to talk to me, etc.  the elder doesnt even live at home and when she is around (we see her at least 4 or 5 times a week lol) my son complains that when she is around i am all into her  - to which she replies 'yeah but YOU get her ALL WEEK EVERY DAY" hahaha
but they really love each other so much... it is actually very sweet. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN