Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need support and/or advice...

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:03 PM
  • 1 Replies

Long story short, myself and my kids are living in Louisiana with my dad and my husband is staying with a friend and working in Houston, Texas. He drives the 3 1/2 hour drive every weekend here. We ended up here to save some money because we could no longer afford our rent and were getting seriously behind on our bills. My husband had a different job when we first moved to Texas 3 years ago and we could afford our house. Now he is making a little less and we just need to find a cheaper house, which is almost impossible because of the prices steadily going up. 

Well, I am so miserable here and without my husband week after week. My dad and I are totally different people so we dont really talk much and it makes it super awkward. (There was no one else we could stay with). I am taking care of my three kids (1,5,7) plus my 11 year old sister. I am doing all the housework and cooking plus homework... Which I did at my own house for my kids, but it is different when its not your house and you are cleaning around other peoples junk. My dad will come behind me and leave a mess and stuff scattered. He doesnt clean at all in the house unless I am spending the night at my moms house on a weekend. 

I miss having my own house and being in Texas, which became my home. I have gotten so depressed that I had to go to the doctor and get some antidepressents. It was okay and first but now I need my own space and a place to call my own. Plus, its so hard to only see my husband on saturday and sunday, especially when there are things going on with the kids. I guess I am rambling on..... 

I am trying to think of stuff I can do at home to make money to help out and places that are not an arm and leg to buy. We are still working on our credit so we can buy one day or hopefully find a rent to own place. I was thinking of making and selling cupcakes, but not sure if that would even sell. I just need to find a way out of this house....

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:34 PM

I am sorry. Of course you miss him, and I hope you can find a way to get your family together. The problem with selling food on a big enough scale to make a diffence in income is that you would likely need certification and licensing. Perhaps you could go to work in a bakery, or in the bakery dept of a supermarket.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)