Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pulling up this subject again: ebook or paper book?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:14 PM
  • 82 Replies

From time to time we discuss whether moms use ebooks or paper books, and which they prefer?  I usually read ebooks, but recently I read a paper book, and I missed being able to touch a word and find the pronunciation and meaning.

What about you?

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lisha77
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Sometimes, when I read a paper book, I tap the bottom of the page and the page doesn't turn. I know, sad, right?
ColieO
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Both. I love the convenience of e-books, but there's nothing wrong with a paper book.
Noelledawn
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Paper. I like the feel of it and I don't want to get my Kindle swiped on the train.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL!!!

Quoting Lisha77: Sometimes, when I read a paper book, I tap the bottom of the page and the page doesn't turn. I know, sad, right?

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Good point! And also in the back of my mind with my kindle is that I don't want to get a too low battery when I am out, at least with a paper book the battery doesn't run out.

Quoting Noelledawn: Paper. I like the feel of it and I don't want to get my Kindle swiped on the train.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:33 PM
2 moms liked this

both

i love the ease of an ereader to take to work or trips because then i dont have to stress about how many books would fit in my purse or bag. but i do love the feel of a good book and the smell of one also

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Good points. It is nice to take the ereader on vacation since I have hundreds of books to choose from.

Quoting silverdawn99:

both

i love the ease of an ereader to take to work or trips because then i dont have to stress about how many books would fit in my purse or bag. but i do love the feel of a good book and the smell of one also

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Paper. I hate reading on the kindle or on my iPad. I get a headache plus I love the feel, smell, and real ness of a paper book. It just isn't the same, in my opinion. :-) 

nmkj
by Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Both. I like the feel of a real book but it's easier to carry large books in my purse if they're on my kindle.
SpiritedWitch
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I have over a 1000 books between both my Kindles ... I still love a real book but I love the ease of e-books. Storage is a breeze. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)