• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where will you be celebrating Thanksgiving? What are you thankful for?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:45 AM
  • 155 Replies
2 moms liked this

Are you doing any cooking?  Are you hosting?  

What are you most grateful for this year?

My kids and I will be spending Thanksgiving at my mom's home.  It'll be the 4 of us, my mom, stepdad and my mom's twin brother, so not a big group this year.  

I'm so thankful for all of the people mentioned above.  It's been a rough year in some ways and I wouldn't have made it through without them.  I'm also grateful for my 3 kids and that I'm privileged to watch them realizing some of their dreams.  I'm grateful to have a roof over my head, working vehicles and really good friends.

eat_turkey   cornucopia

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marmie41
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm hosting. Will have about 15 people over. I do most of the cooking, and others will bring sides.

I am thankful for so much, mainly my family and close friends. Am so thankful that we get along with our son's in-laws, and they will be here with us on turkey day.
taz1993
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:27 AM
I'm working on thanksgiving.
Fire_N_Ice
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM
We aren't celebrating Thanksgiving this year. We're spending it with my parents, and it's not a holiday either of my parents grew up with, or one I ever celebrated until I met my husband.

As for what to be thankful for, it's the same things I'm thankful for year round, my health, my children, husband, job, and life in general.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:13 AM
My husband and youngest are going to the West Coast because we are sponsoring a race car, my oldest and I are staying home because we have to model on Black Friday :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:17 AM

That's a nice sized group. :)  What all are you making this year?

Getting along wih your sons-in-law is great.  Do you have grandchildren yet?

Quoting marmie41: I'm hosting. Will have about 15 people over. I do most of the cooking, and others will bring sides. I am thankful for so much, mainly my family and close friends. Am so thankful that we get along with our son's in-laws, and they will be here with us on turkey day.

Cafe AmyS
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Where do you work?

Quoting taz1993: I'm working on thanksgiving.

Cafe AmyS
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:18 AM

You may not be celebrating, but it sounds like you have plenty to be thankful for.  I hope you enjoy the day with your parents. :)

Quoting Fire_N_Ice: We aren't celebrating Thanksgiving this year. We're spending it with my parents, and it's not a holiday either of my parents grew up with, or one I ever celebrated until I met my husband. As for what to be thankful for, it's the same things I'm thankful for year round, my health, my children, husband, job, and life in general.

Cafe AmyS
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Modeling, that's pretty cool.  Where are you modeling at?

Quoting lapcounter: My husband and youngest are going to the West Coast because we are sponsoring a race car, my oldest and I are staying home because we have to model on Black Friday :)

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:20 AM
For a local boutique I normally take the photos but I am on the opposite side of the camera this time :)

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Modeling, that's pretty cool.  Where are you modeling at?

Quoting lapcounter: My husband and youngest are going to the West Coast because we are sponsoring a race car, my oldest and I are staying home because we have to model on Black Friday :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
foyee
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I am not working but I will cook a delicious food for my husband and children. Two families are joining us for thanksgiving. I will surely have a great day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)