Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby butt rash please help!!

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:50 AM
  • 10 Replies
Okay so my nephew has had a constant butt rash since birth, it bleeds all the time and we've tried everything please give ideas on what we can do! He's in constant pain please help
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brvdsmom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Add baking soda to the bath water
Luke8212013
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Poor baby, we used aquaphor and it worked really well. But, if his poor little bum is bleeding- I would try to leave his diaper off as long as possible and use only warm water to clean him. I'm sure his doctor has seen it,, but, sometimes they prescribe special creams if needed.
callmegator
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:43 PM
I always used caldesene powder, although I would see medical attention if his little bum is bleeding.

Quoting Tiffany-94: Okay so my nephew has had a constant butt rash since birth, it bleeds all the time and we've tried everything please give ideas on what we can do! He's in constant pain please help
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Has thrush been ruled out.
Tiffany-94
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Yes thrush has been ruled out

Quoting DACIA79: Has thrush been ruled out.
happinessforyou
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Is he allergic to the diapers/wipes/soap/laundry detergent- anything that is coming in contact with him? And of course-is he being changed as soon as he goes?

This sounds serious- babies do not usually get diaper rash and never to the point of bleeding.

polkaspots
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:28 PM
I would assume its an allergy to the diapers. Have you suggested they use cloth instead? Some plain cotton prefolds and coconut oil should clear it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nikkers1
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:36 PM
I hear coconut oil is supposed to help.
Tiffany-94
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:06 PM
I personally have the feeling that its something to do with the diapers, cloth diapers is all we have not tried yet. Though we have let him lay on a blanket for a few hours with no diaper at all and it starts to clear up but when a diaper is put back on him it gets worse again
Cara_Day
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Only use warm water
change diaper brands and if you use cloth diapers use baby sope to wash with
try to not use eney thing sticky around him
baby powder
have an allergy test done then check all sope diapers wash powders ect
coconut oil
baby oil
I hope that helps if it dose let me know I hope he gets well soon . -Cara

Quoting Tiffany-94: Okay so my nephew has had a constant butt rash since birth, it bleeds all the time and we've tried everything please give ideas on what we can do! He's in constant pain please help
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)