• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pronouncing names

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:34 PM
  • 4 Replies
I still dont understand how people get Joseph out of Josiah? Only thing I did different was make it Jossiah worst thing I thought he would be called is joss iah not Joseph.

Just encase people don't know its pronounced Jo si ah, but still joss iah is much closer then Joseph.
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I think a lot of people just don't pay attention. They see Jos and assume Joseph since that name is more common.

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Its a bit aggravating especially if I say his name is Jossiah, and they keep calling him Joseph. Its happened to me twice now, I don't mind people double checking with me that his name is said the way it is but come on after I say its Jossiah you would think one would get it nope.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I think a lot of people just don't pay attention. They see Jos and assume Joseph since that name is more common.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Nov. 24, 2014 at 4:41 PM
I never understand how people keep calling me Theresa or Teresa. It's Trica sounds like Tree-sa. Oh well. LOL
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:21 PM
I don't see Theresa, then again my sisters best friend growing up was Trica, so maybe that's why.

Quoting Hottmomma607: I never understand how people keep calling me Theresa or Teresa. It's Trica sounds like Tree-sa. Oh well. LOL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)