Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you read your kids' social media accounts?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:11 PM
  • 23 Replies

I'm subscribed to my kids' facebook accounts and do read their media accounts.  

Do you?

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandella0219
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:26 AM
If they had ones I would. I go through their cell phones regularly
Mother4U
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:21 AM
I am subscribed to my girls 15 and 18 social media accounts;fb twitter ig I use to check them when they were in middle school. Once they reached high school I stopped because by then I had established a very open relationship with them. I personally don't see anything wrong because kids now days use it for bullying provocative pictures etc...
MysticRainbow
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 2:10 AM
Yes I do. When she was a minor, I had all her passwords and randomly checked her cell phone.
Armywife08232
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 2:25 AM
Yes I do!When he proves to me I dont have to then I wont..
LuvingMy3Girls
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I did at the start but my dd16 Has proven herself to be trustworthyso I no longer do howeverif she ever gave me a reason to I would again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gardensparrow
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I definitely think it's wise to keep an eye on kids' use of social media, and really anything they're doing online. Unfortunately, there's so much they can stumble onto that I'm sure most parents would not want their kids to see. And i think Internet filters are a great way to keep on top of this. Also, letting kids know before they join sites like this that you're going to be checking in from time to time can be a good deterrent for them, as far as watching what they post and look at. So, just my two cents!

gardensparrow

#girlluvs2garden#

MumsysGirl
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I make my older kid his facebook account, but I haven't manage to check it.

He is only 6 years old and don't know yet to manage any social media accounts. lol

auntangelofsix
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Yes I do.
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 3:47 PM

mine are only 12 & 9 so they don't have any social media or cell phones yet

ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

that's true when ds was 6 he was obsessed with Indiana Jones.

He would look for posters, clothes, etc online.  Our computer is in the middle of the room and i can see all of it would check history occasionally

i went downstairs to change the laundry one time, came back up and him and 3 yr old dd were cracking up.  I asked what they were laughing at, walkin gover there, to see.  

he had searched google for "Indiana Jones Whips".  Uh yeah that's not what came up LOL

Quoting gardensparrow:

I definitely think it's wise to keep an eye on kids' use of social media, and really anything they're doing online. Unfortunately, there's so much they can stumble onto that I'm sure most parents would not want their kids to see. And i think Internet filters are a great way to keep on top of this. Also, letting kids know before they join sites like this that you're going to be checking in from time to time can be a good deterrent for them, as far as watching what they post and look at. So, just my two cents!

gardensparrow

#girlluvs2garden#

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)