Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lost, Confused and feel like I'm sinking!

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello, My name is Ashley. I'm a 29 year old mother of two head strong boys. I love them both so much that I want a better life then what they have now. I'm living with a Friend who is growing annoyed with me and my boys living at his place. Sadly with my inability to hold a Job I'm landing flat on my face. Back in Sept. I totaled my only mode of transporting, Got divorced and both of my boys got me out of the divorce. Right now I have to relay on my Roommate to help get me and my kids around. Sadly it's getting old and fast. I don't know where to start. I am not From this aria that I am in.

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
momof337
by Stephanie on Dec. 4, 2014 at 2:55 PM
i am so sorry! i pray things get better for you and yours 🙏 hugs
Beachdeprived
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Hi Ashley. Sorry to hear that times are tough... I guess no family around to help? Anyone you can borrow a car from so you can get a job? Are you in a city area where there is public transportation by chance? You have to start somewhere... first a car to get to a job.. then you start saving. Have you had previous jobs...think you can find something?  Sounds like you really need a game plan... would love to help you.. I'm sorry!!

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Sorry to hear  you are going through a tough time.

What's happening in your jobs that you are having a hard time keeping them? 

RoaringLion
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 6:12 PM
Why do you keep getting fired?

What is your educational and work background?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 4, 2014 at 11:52 PM
So sorry. Sit down with your roommate reassure them this situation is just as difficult for you as it is for them. Set a plan aside 1 month,6months,etc. Write your goals down car,job,place to for the future and communicate with your roommate that are making an effort to change things and please be patient.

Quoting AriaAngel:

Hello, My name is Ashley. I'm a 29 year old mother of two head strong boys. I love them both so much that I want a better life then what they have now. I'm living with a Friend who is growing annoyed with me and my boys living at his place. Sadly with my inability to hold a Job I'm landing flat on my face. Back in Sept. I totaled my only mode of transporting, Got divorced and both of my boys got me out of the divorce. Right now I have to relay on my Roommate to help get me and my kids around. Sadly it's getting old and fast. I don't know where to start. I am not From this aria that I am in.

Anna8294
by Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 12:19 PM

That's tough I know.I am back at my parents house.but my girl's moved out.they didn't like how jessie was not paying the bills and then the way he talked to me.but ok first of all are there cabs or buses where you live? and then get a paper and see what kind of jobs they have in that area. get your feet under you.ok.it gets better but you need family because your friend he sounds like he is very frustrated.look on line for jobs in that area close so you maybe could walk to work.I hope things get better for you.and your boys.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Hugs to you & hope things get better soon ;)

Corina1987
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 12:33 PM
I'm sorry you are going through this. Look into getting government help until you get back on your feet. Hugs
amnesiacaj
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2014 at 4:34 PM

Sorry you feel overwhelmed.  If you are divorced and have the kids there should be some child support so the kids are taken care of.  If you can't keep a job, look at maybe why you aren't able to keep them and if it is an issue you can get assistance with, pursue that like it was a full time job.  If you are getting fired, look at what you were doing and maybe adjust your attitude/interpersonal skills to make you more employable.

Sit down with your roommate and have a frank discussion about what each of you expects - if you are relying on him for rides then maybe you need to pick up some of the extra housework, for example.  If your boys are causing extra ruckus, sit them down and (depending on their ages) talk to them about how they are expected to act/treat the roommate - depending on how recent the divorce is, they may be still adjusting to their new lives and possibly acting out.  My sister is divorced with headstrong boys as well and she keeps it together by remembering her job - to be a good role-model to her boys, keep them safe and do what she can to make them functional adults.

There isn't a ton of information in your post - these are just things that occurred to me and may not even apply to your situation - feel free to flesh out your post so we can better offer relevant suggestions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)