Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

helloo!!! my name is Amanda

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:26 AM
  • 8 Replies
hey everyone! my name is Amanda and I have a 18 month old baby girl who has a weird birth defect called .. close lip schitzenphaly ... has anyone ever heard of it?
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MumsysGirl
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:25 AM

I never heard it, but I try to search it. and Schizencephaly is rare with an estimated incidence of - 1.5 : 100,000 live births.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Hi Amanda! 

I've not heard of that condition, what is it?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Amanda,
Have not heard of it .. what is it?
Hugs to you & nice to meet you :)

Quoting L0ndynpaige2313: hey everyone! my name is Amanda and I have a 18 month old baby girl who has a weird birth defect called .. close lip schitzenphaly ... has anyone ever heard of it?

teenie44675
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Hello my name is Tina . I'm new as of today and don't know what I'm doing or how this works
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Welcome to CafeMom Tina,
Ask what youneed & we'll be happy to help :)

Quoting teenie44675: Hello my name is Tina . I'm new as of today and don't know what I'm doing or how this works

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Welcome to CafeMom, Amanda!

I have never heard of this problem.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:53 PM

Hi, Tina, Welcome! What you have done here is to reply to LOndynpaige's post.  To make your own introduction post,  click on the Newcomers Club banner above and click the add a new post button, where you can introduce yourself, talk about your children and so forth. Or you can also look on the top of the page where it says new members post here and add a reply there telling about yourself and children. :)

Quoting teenie44675: Hello my name is Tina . I'm new as of today and don't know what I'm doing or how this works

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 4:59 PM

I googled this also, and it seems that the outlook and presentation depend on how much of the cortex is involved.

"
Patients with closed-lip schizencephaly were more likely to have a mild to moderate outcome than those with open-lip type"

This is from neurology.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)