Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help!!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:27 PM
  • 5 Replies
Does anyone else get annoyed when husband comes home and screws up baby schedule?
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jconney80
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:57 PM

Hi welcome to Cafemom :) In way is hubby screwing up your baby's schedule? Have you tried talking to him about how it's important to keep a schedule? Sorry that you're having trouble with it

Reina13
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:16 PM

Any slight changes can disrupt a babys schedule. What exactly does your husband do that messes with the schedule?

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 1:08 PM

When my kids were little, weekends were always screwy (as well as any day my now-ex was home from work).  I think you just have to learn to live with it, unless it's something that happens more than occasionally.

amnesiacaj
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 3:11 PM

I think the hard-core routine is a little overblown.  Life happens.  We try to keep bedtime and routine pretty consistent, but some days she's tired so it is earlier or we are out doing something and get home late so it is later.  My cousin talks about how she had decided on a nap schedule and one day 'argued' with her dd for over an hour trying to get her down for a nap.  smh.  We try the nap routine and if she isn't ready to nap she plays or cries then plays and usually gets about 20min in during the hour she's in the crib.  As a baby, our 'routine' was 'follow baby cues'.  Tired? Put down for nap.  Hungry? Feed. We see lots of new parents making a lot more stress for themselves and decided to just relax and enjoy our baby.  Caveat - we have a healthy child who never had croup and has not shown any traits of being autistic/spectrum.  Those children sometimes require pretty regimented days.  That is a whole other ball of wax.   

If you haven't said anything to him about this, he probably has no idea, so it is no use being angry with him until he is aware of the impact.  Don't assume it is intentional - but if it is, perhaps you need to reevaluate your relationship with him - you need to work together as parents.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 8:03 PM

Hopefully you two can talk about it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)