Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy talk

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:16 PM
  • 4 Replies
OK so I am 37 weeks pregnant and my baby weighs 8pounds 10 ounces already my dr. Told me not to eat anymore starches and sugary foods .. I have to watch my carbohydrates intake ...so what can I eat ..I use to eat so much threw out the day but now I've completely stopped eating as much and so far just stick to chicken and whole wheat bread and celery with peanut butter and malt meal and that's really about it ..idk what else to eat and I'm probably still taking in a lot of starches ... but I'm so hungry all the time now ...what should I do
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hugss
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Maybe you could ask your doctor for other ideas.
How about some yogurt .. hopefully others will have more ideas for you :)

Quoting LEXXX: OK so I am 37 weeks pregnant and my baby weighs 8pounds 10 ounces already my dr. Told me not to eat anymore starches and sugary foods .. I have to watch my carbohydrates intake ...so what can I eat ..I use to eat so much threw out the day but now I've completely stopped eating as much and so far just stick to chicken and whole wheat bread and celery with peanut butter and malt meal and that's really about it ..idk what else to eat and I'm probably still taking in a lot of starches ... but I'm so hungry all the time now ...what should I do

athorne
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Yogurt, veggies such as green beans, Kletus, spinach, and lots of protien such as beans. I would also ask my doctor specifically what he suggests or even ask a nutritionist.
Reina13
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:09 PM

I cannot believe your doctor told you not to eat these things anymore without giving a list of recommended alternatives or setting you up with a nutritionist.

I would probably increase my lean protein. Have you talked to a nutritionist yourself?

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Ugh, doctors... 

First off, those ultrasound weight predictions are often not correct.  Baby may be bigger, or smaller, than what the doctor says.

I'd focus on eating lean protein (chicken, lean beef, eggs, etc), more fruits & veggies.  Maybe try to stay away from breads though.  Oatmeal is a good breakfasty food and you can add peanut butter or fruit to it to make it tasty and give you variety.

Good news is that it won't be much longer. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)