Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any info on dislexia??

Posted by on May. 11, 2007 at 4:54 PM
  • 2 Replies

I just found out today my 11yro in the 5th grd has dislexia. I am looking for any info on how i can help him. I have it a little but never had any help w/ it. I could use all the addv. i can get. I am posting this in a few places so forgive me if you see it more than one time. Thanks to all!!!

by on May. 11, 2007 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommy2josh2004
by on May. 11, 2007 at 5:52 PM
I am a special education teacher. If your child can be labeled dyslexic-the district will let you child tape record lectured in class, have books on tapes. You need to go through the district for special education help. Your child will get a LD teacher that will work with him/her and also work with the teachers to make their learning easier and will accomodate for their weaknesses.

I am LD and no one found out until the end of 11th grade.I was not able to get any help through a specail education teacher b/c I went to a private school. Now private schools offer help through the local public school district. I got D & F's all through high school. I went to college that specailized in helping kids with LD issues (2 year college). I learned HOW I learned. I then went to a 4 year college got my bachelors and then went to Graduate School to become a special education teacher for the deaf and hard of hearing.

Please be patient with you child. Call the school district. There is help out there.

If you have more questions you can email me direct and I will try to help you.

Sara
Robin
by Head Admin on May. 12, 2007 at 9:56 AM
Hi,

There is a group here that you may want to visit called Dealing with Dyslexia.

I hope that helps a little!Smile

Happy Mother's Day!!!Smile
Robin
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN