Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(Newbie) Qs about IUD

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:04 PM
  • 8 Replies
Hello ladies :) I'm a newbie so I wasn't exactly sure where to post my questions so here it is. Hopefully someone can help. I have the paragard IUD and am also EBF so I'm not sure which or if both are the reason I have not had a period yet. My EBF babe will be 12 months Jan 28th so it's been almost a year and no period. My first question, had anyone else experienced a no show THIS long with the IUD paragard (NOT merena- merena is totally different as it has hormones and paragard does not) I was under the impression via info provided by my OBGYN and eaten dive research that the paragard caused heavier and more painful periods. My OB even told me the day I had it put in, I would start that day. I never did. My second question is, has anyone experienced (may be TMI for some) lots of cramping, as in every day, all day and/or a lot of mucousy and sometimes really thin and clear discharge? Or even a very light pink milky discharge? My last question- has anyone's partner ever been cut by the IUD? And if so, did you see your OB? What was the cause? Any info welcome. Thanks!!
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
chypanties
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Not "eaten dive" lol extensive**** haha
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom,
I am not sure but did want to welcome you to Cafemom,
Hopefully someone else can help you out.  Nice to meet you :)

chypanties
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Thank you. Nice to meet you as well.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:51 PM

Let us know what you find out :)

Quoting chypanties: Thank you. Nice to meet you as well.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I've never had an IUD, but breastfeeding can be the cause of your not having had your period yet.  When I was breastfeeding, I didn't have a period until I started weaning my babies at 15-18 months.  

If the IUD has injured you or your partner though, you definitely should call the doctor.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 26, 2014 at 12:15 PM
Welcome! Not sure? Maybe someone will help?
LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello and welcome. I had pargard in for about almost 2 years when I first had it put in I had some mild cramping and bleeding. When I got my period with it being my period had some cramping and heavy bleeding at first but then little to no bleeding at all and my period lasted 4 days but I really haven't had any problems major problems with pargard at all and since having put in, I have lost some weight.

chypanties
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 8:11 PM
Thanks to all who've responded. I appreciate the feed back. Still searching for someone who's experienced what I have though. I will definitely give my OB a call on Momday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)