Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So embarrassing!

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:32 AM
  • 9 Replies

I have spondylosis and I've already had 2 back surgeries.This being said there are still bad days...days I can't walk,days I'm in extreme pain,days that I get this random pain shooting down either one/both of my legs and/or days I get pain shooting down my left arm.

For those of you that don't know Spondylosis is a severe osteo-arthritis of the spine.It causes vertebrae and/or disks to shift forward,pinching the nerve.I was just one of the lucky few that was born with both cervical and lumbar (spondylosis).Now,on to the story:

As I mentioned before, on the bad days my back hurts like the dickens,but it also sends these shooting pains down my legs.What I didn't mention is that depending on the strength of the pain that goes down my leg it sometimes buckles my knee out from under me!Guess who fell flat on her ass in the middle of grocery shopping the other day?And,of course it happened right after hubby walked off to go look at something...lol.I look up from the floor and I'm surrounded by people everybody basically screeching at the same time,"OMG.are you ok?" Even a manager showed up...in Walmart you can't find one of those when you NEED one,lol. And of course THIS is when my hubby peeks his head around the aisle,he takes one look,shakes his head-"Your leg give out again?"embarrassed

Now,I'll probably end up on People of Walmart,lol. (Btw,before anyone asks we only buy the dry goods at walmart.I don't like their meats/veggies.)Have a nice day everyone.

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 5:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Diamepphyre
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:08 AM
I'm so sorry. What an awful thing to have to live with.
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Oh,it's ok.It's    only every now and then that I feel "down in the dumps" about it anymore....It makes me feel like a horrible mom because I can't do things with my kids that everyone else can.frown mini

Quoting Diamepphyre: I'm so sorry. What an awful thing to have to live with.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:37 AM

I am sorry this happened.  How frustrating it must be. :(  Would it do any good to use a tripod cane or a walker? 

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Nope,I have every contraption made that is supposed to help keep this from happening,none of them worked. But,I proved my doctor wrong...he said I would probably be in a wheelchair before I turned 40 (I'm 39,still hasn't happened...knock on wood.wink mini)

Quoting Bmat:

I am sorry this happened.  How frustrating it must be. :(  Would it do any good to use a tripod cane or a walker? 

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:44 PM

BUMP!

jconney80
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Well that stinks! Sounds like something I'd do! 

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2014 at 2:01 AM

OWWWWW!!!!  I hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly in the fall.

I have a condition called tethered cord syndrome that also causes severe back pain, shooting paints down the legs, and occasionally weakness.  One time, I fell and smacked my face against a doorknob.  Black eye and broken glasses...fun, fun, fun.

calsmom62
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
So sorry!!!
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:17 AM

I've learned HOW to fall without hurting myself.....The skill becomes necessary when you fall at random times during the day,lol.

Once I fell down holding a pot of boiling water,luckily I only spilled a little on myself.

Quoting taniamorse85:

OWWWWW!!!!  I hope you didn't hurt yourself too badly in the fall.

I have a condition called tethered cord syndrome that also causes severe back pain, shooting paints down the legs, and occasionally weakness.  One time, I fell and smacked my face against a doorknob.  Black eye and broken glasses...fun, fun, fun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)