Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you get any presents that you don't like?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:06 PM
  • 35 Replies

Did you get any presents for Christmas that you won't keep or don't like? What do you do with them?

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmericanChild82
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Have to get presents to decide. I got nothing.
jconney80
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:08 PM

I don't really exchange gifts with enough people to get things that I absolutely dislike. My mom asked me what I wanted and she got me a blu-ray player. My aunt and uncle give us a zoo season pass for the family every year plus a few little things. And that's really all that I exchange with!

jconney80
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Aww I'm sorry that stinks! I don't normally get much. My mom did really well shopping this year. 

Quoting AmericanChild82: Have to get presents to decide. I got nothing.

hashtagRC
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I never take gifts back. If it's like a Pollyanna or something impersonal, maybe I'll pawn it off on someone else or just put it up until it becomes useful. If it's given out of love, I'll love it even though I hate it. Hubs got me a bright pink giant Gucci bag last year covered in giant Gs with a big giant metal G clasp. It was huge and wasn't cheap. And it is hideous. Not my style. Not even close. And everything I own is neutral colors for the most part. I used it for a long time because he bought it and said "your favorite color is pink" with a smile on his face when I opened it. He's bad with gifts 😂 but I love him. He did much much better this year, asked the sales lady for help this time.
horcruxnumber8
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Yup. I got a mug/knicknack set thing complete with the price tag still on it. I threw away the knickknack and shoved the mug in the cabinet. It'll get used.
jconney80
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this

lol! Aww well it's sweet that he made an attempt to get you something nice :) I wasn't too fond of the scent of my candle that my aunt got me this year but I'll still use it anyways. I'm glad your hubby did better this year. Did he buy you another purse?

Quoting hashtagRC: I never take gifts back. If it's like a Pollyanna or something impersonal, maybe I'll pawn it off on someone else or just put it up until it becomes useful. If it's given out of love, I'll love it even though I hate it. Hubs got me a bright pink giant Gucci bag last year covered in giant Gs with a big giant metal G clasp. It was huge and wasn't cheap. And it is hideous. Not my style. Not even close. And everything I own is neutral colors for the most part. I used it for a long time because he bought it and said "your favorite color is pink" with a smile on his face when I opened it. He's bad with gifts 😂 but I love him. He did much much better this year, asked the sales lady for help this time.

jconney80
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:17 PM

lol well at least you will use some of it! I give away things that I don't like anymore on a swap group I'm in on Facebook but I haven't had to regift anything so far recently.

Quoting horcruxnumber8: Yup. I got a mug/knicknack set thing complete with the price tag still on it. I threw away the knickknack and shoved the mug in the cabinet. It'll get used.

horcruxnumber8
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:21 PM
I can always use more mugs! I haven't regifted anything in a long time. This was just a sad attempt. I would have regifted but I really like mugs even if they're ugly.

Quoting jconney80:

lol well at least you will use some of it! I give away things that I don't like anymore on a swap group I'm in on Facebook but I haven't had to regift anything so far recently.

Quoting horcruxnumber8: Yup. I got a mug/knicknack set thing complete with the price tag still on it. I threw away the knickknack and shoved the mug in the cabinet. It'll get used.

jconney80
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I love crazy ugly mugs too! I have way too many mugs right now though lol

Quoting horcruxnumber8: I can always use more mugs! I haven't regifted anything in a long time. This was just a sad attempt. I would have regifted but I really like mugs even if they're ugly.
Quoting jconney80:

LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:21 AM

pretty much all the present i was giving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)