Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advise on my one month old ... TMI

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:38 PM
  • 12 Replies
My baby girl has been high pitch crying leading up to and during every bowel movement for the last 4 days. I breast feed but supplement with formula. I have been doing this for about 2 weeks. Her stool is not hard. Sometimes it's thick and pasty but usually it's very soft and never hard. She goes everyday and sometimes twice a day so I know she isn't constipated, but she is definately in pain. Has anyone gone through this?
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamanthaSage
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

No clue so here's a bump for you. Hope you get it figured out. That can't be fun for the poor little one. Maybe try calling a 24 hour nurse and see what they say.

Mommylovesbean
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Yea if she is crying I would call. Is she feverish at all?
illneverbeold
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Maybe she isn't going enough and it is building up in her. Feel her tummy, does it seem. Bit distended? Maybe she is just real gassy, does she pull her knees to her tummy? If you think she may be gassy, let her suck on a candy cane, while you hold it gently.
ryandkay1
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Thank you all. No fever. She is very gassy and she kicks her legs a bunch while trying to go. Her stomache seems okay. I message it while she is crying and it doesn't seem tender or anything. I will try calling her doc. Thank you.
ryandkay1
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:54 PM
I will also try the candy cane
Ayasmama
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:58 PM

gas...try holding her face down with her face resting on you fore arm and your other hand on her tummy. walk around a bit

ryandkay1
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Okay. She definitely is more comfortable on her tummy so I will try that
Ayasmama
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

my daughter is the same. they are still just learning to be human

Quoting ryandkay1: Okay. She definitely is more comfortable on her tummy so I will try that

jconney80
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:03 PM
The formula might be bothering her stomach. Is there a reason that you're supplementing? You might not need to
TwoPennies
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this
For a lot of new babies, elimination "scares" them for lack of a better word. Gas and BMs to be specific. Laying baby on her belly is a good idea. If she keeps crying I would call your pediatrician. They have heard every question you can possibly imagine. And I promise, your ped will not think you're a crazy/new/anxious mom :), they fully expect new mamas and daddy's to have lots of questions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)