Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does your dh do?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:01 AM
  • 22 Replies
My dh doesn't put the toilet paper on the toilet paper holder. He sits it on the back of the toilet. I don't know why but it drives me a little batty. There's nothing else to complain about him so I just don't say anything. No reason to be picky about such a tiny thing.

What are the little things that just drive you crazy.
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
butterfly61806
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:11 AM
My only problem really is he's a procrastinator with everything. I've asked him to do small things like can you get kids a drink I have to run to bathroom or something and I end up doing both because he hasn't moved. Drives me up the wall cause usually if he just got things done he'd have more time to relax which he's always complaining he has none.
LNLMommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:14 AM

He forgets the clean the tub after he uses it and he tends to just step out of his clothes when he gets home and leaves it in the middle of the floor. He's getting better about the clothes situation though

MaineMammax2
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:18 AM
Well we've been together for almost 21 years so those little things add up, lol. One that sticks out is he puts containers back with little or no food left i.e. mayo jar with a scrape left in the bottom, empty ice tray back in the freezer ect..
ashandryzmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:23 AM
Haha my husband hates when I do this. I set it on the counter. Sometimes I do it on purpose just to tease him. We laugh about it.

One tiny thing that I don't get is when he takes his dirty socks off and places them next to the hamper. I never say anything since it's really not a big deal.
ashandryzmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:25 AM
Oh mine does this too.

Quoting butterfly61806: My only problem really is he's a procrastinator with everything. I've asked him to do small things like can you get kids a drink I have to run to bathroom or something and I end up doing both because he hasn't moved. Drives me up the wall cause usually if he just got things done he'd have more time to relax which he's always complaining he has none.
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:29 AM

I've given up the battle of the toilet seat.

After 23 years, I've come to accept he's sort of a slob....I don't bitch at him for it, every day or every week.

When I DO get pushed over the edge is when, after I've cleaned he's left a mess. Primarily the bathrooms, I HATE cleaning them and all the tub reaching leaves my shoulders sore. (I have a partially torn rotator cuff). Like over the weekend he took a shower, and idk what he didn't do but there was literally a puddle from the shower to the door. I flipped my fritter. I had just cleaned and steam mopped the bathroom and floor 2 days prior.

To his defense when I sleep (I work overnights) I'll come down to make dinner for work and he's cleaned the kitchen. And seriously, except for the appliances, it looks pretty nice. (he doesn't clean the stovetop the way I do)

Mygirl30248
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:33 AM

Mine puts the broken egg shells back in the carton, he is working hard not to do that anymore though I caught him tossing them away in the trash last night after he had put them in the carton, he must have forgot LOL 

He also leaves the thing up after a shower so when I turn it on I get sprayed, I finally got used to looking & pushing it down so I don't get blasted anymore as he just doesn't seem to remember, he says usually they are supposed to automatically do that just pop down & his whole life he hasent ever had to pop it himself, well this one needs to be popped lol 

Mygirl30248
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:34 AM

Mine did this the other day I made tacos & pulled out the jar of salsa & it was empty even though it was in the fridge hehe we had taco sauce so no biggie he said he had no idea what he was thinking when he did that! 

Quoting MaineMammax2: Well we've been together for almost 21 years so those little things add up, lol. One that sticks out is he puts containers back with little or no food left i.e. mayo jar with a scrape left in the bottom, empty ice tray back in the freezer ect..

TheRingmaster
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:36 AM
He never puts his plate in the dishwasher. He rinses it and heaves it in the sink. Lol
He does this weird hiccup thing when he drinks something. Like while he's drinking it.
He never uses the fabric softener when doing laundry. Lol

However I adore him 💗
Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:51 AM
Lol. I'm sure eventually there will be something else. We've been married 10 years this year and we've had our hard times.

Quoting MaineMammax2: Well we've been together for almost 21 years so those little things add up, lol. One that sticks out is he puts containers back with little or no food left i.e. mayo jar with a scrape left in the bottom, empty ice tray back in the freezer ect..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)