Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Life Changing 2015

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:28 AM
  • 0 Replies

That's my thing this year...Life Changing 2015. In fact, its such a thing that on my DA (Deviantart account) I have started a contest. I'm giving away free memberships and points as prizes, which if you are a DA member know this is equal to gold for members. lol

The only catch? Participants must submit either a 2 page written piece on how they want to change their life, the things they want to do this year in their life to make a more positive year and to bring about good things in their lives. Or they can draw if they feel so driven to do so. :D

I bring this up, because this year people have made New Years Resolutions, but I did not. I don't think Resolutions are the best thing to make, given the number that are made, compared to the number successful. I think this is because we don't write our goals right, we have to high of an expectation for meeting our goals and we tend to be to hard on ourselves, instead of looking at all we have accomplished.

So far, things have been going well. I started my New  Years Monday, since I was sick during actual New Years and since I hadn't had the chance to get, what I call, my New Years Actions together. I've written them for 9 areas of my life:

1. Spiritual
  2. Marriage/Relationships
  3. Family
  4. Business
  5. Health and Fitness
  6. Financial
  7. Personal Development
  8. Emotional
  9. Fun and Recreation

I've written a lot down, but I've chosen three to four in each area to work on. Then as I get done with one, I will add a new one to the list to complete and put the other aside.

This has sparked several blog entries on my blog, called 9 Areas of Action.  I figured I would use my 9 Areas of Action (9AoA) to help give others an idea on how to go about it as well.

I think this is going to make it easier for us to write goals and to be successful at them. It's a great way to take it one step at a time, to not be worried about the details, but to work on each item and following the steps that we write out to help us accomplish those goals. We may make those goals when we write them, we may not make them till later, but the success isn't in achieving those goals, but in the work we do to get to them.

I'm excited about this year, for whatever reason, I really feel strongly that this is my YEAR and not just MY year, but everyone's year!! I feel as if this is going to be an amazing year for everyone and what a year to make life changes in our lives!

I know we all have things we want to change or improve on in our lives and that is what life is about right? Changing? Growing? Learning? When we change our lives for the better, we can help change the world for the better.

So my question to you is...how do you intend to change your life this year? What steps are you taking to make a difference in your life? What are your goals and what are the steps you are taking to reach them? Do you have someone to help you be accountable? Are you working in more then one area of your life? Do you have any goals for being more positive this year? If so how are you planning to make it happen?

I don't think there is a point to this post, except that I wanted to share what I'm doing and see where everyone else is. Life Changing in 2015 is about changing your life and those around you! Sometimes to change those around you, you have to work on your own life first!

Brightest Blessings for the 2015 year!!

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)