• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oh good lord

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:53 PM
  • 12 Replies
I'm so so freaking sick. Woke up 5 aam Monday with the worst stomach pain I've ever had in my life! I feel like I'm on my death bed. I've been puking and pooping the last two days and I don't think I can make it another day feeling like this. I hope to god my kids don't get this not sure I've ever been this sick before. Any advice you have I'll take! Been drinking lots of water, tea and 7up. Woke up this morning feeling a ton better but as the day progressed I've gotten even worse :(((( wah wah wah
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taylorsmom1987
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:26 PM
Might be food poisoning get a Dr Appointment
BulmaBrief
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:07 PM
Sounds like food poisoning or the flu (if you have a fever too). Stay hydrated.
TheRingmaster
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this
The flu is not gastrointestinal. Lol
It is a fever, shakes, sore throat, headache, cough and runny or stuffy nose.

Quoting BulmaBrief: Sounds like food poisoning or the flu (if you have a fever too). Stay hydrated.
TheRingmaster
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:12 PM
It's a stomach virus going around. It lasts roughly 48 hours. It will pass to others. All six kids dh and I got it over two weeks.
RKL10
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:12 PM
Could be the stomach flu

Quoting TheRingmaster: The flu is not gastrointestinal. Lol
It is a fever, shakes, sore throat, headache, cough and runny or stuffy nose.

Quoting BulmaBrief: Sounds like food poisoning or the flu (if you have a fever too). Stay hydrated.
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:24 PM

This sounds exactly like what I had a couple months ago.  I'd suggest regular ginger ale, by the way, little sips frequently.  Jello.  Pedialyte.  Do a lot of handwashing to protect your family. On the chance that it isn't a stomach virus like I had, you should call your doctor and ask about it.

Not to discourage you, but it took about a week for me to get mostly back to normal. I hope you feel much better sooner than that, and that your family doesn't get it.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:28 PM

My stomach pain was so bad that I called the doctor. The nurse told me to take immodium or gas-x.  These didn't cure the pain, but it made the pain more bearable so I got some sleep and then woke up without nearly as much pain.  In case your problem is something else, check with your doctor- don't take my word for it.

ily.njn-rps
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:31 PM
Thanks everyone! I guess this stomach bug is going around town. My nurse of a mother said it should last a few more days. Thankfully someone is bringing me some more drinks and noodles (which I certainly hope stay down!)
Bmat
by Emerald Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:52 PM

Feel much better soon! :)

Quoting ily.njn-rps: Thanks everyone! I guess this stomach bug is going around town. My nurse of a mother said it should last a few more days. Thankfully someone is bringing me some more drinks and noodles (which I certainly hope stay down!)

ily.njn-rps
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:28 PM
Thank you! I sure hope it goes quick it's hard taking care of two little ones while being sick and barely able to get off the couch :(

Quoting Bmat:

Feel much better soon! :)

Quoting ily.njn-rps: Thanks everyone! I guess this stomach bug is going around town. My nurse of a mother said it should last a few more days. Thankfully someone is bringing me some more drinks and noodles (which I certainly hope stay down!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)