Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Haircut for GIRLS?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:28 AM
  • 14 Replies

How old was your little one when she got her first haircut? I have a couple of people telling me I need to get her hair trimmed so that it will grow in even and others telling me to leave it alone.

TIA!

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:12 AM
In Jewish tradition, you have to wait at least one year so both of my kids got haircuts when they were one. I always cut their hair regularly to keep it healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WillVon
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:14 AM
I just cut dd's hair myself. I gave her a long bob 2 months ago. She is 3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bakerytreatz412
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:15 AM
My 2 1/2 year old hasn't had one yet, and my 12 month old barely has hair.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:02 AM

My daughter was 5 when she got her first haircut.  She had thin hair as a toddler and actually was pretty bald until about 2, so it was just past her shoulders when she got it cut the first time (and that was just a trim to even it up).

lenashark
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:07 AM

20 days old for both boys and girls and then trimmed as needed after that. Trimming the hair makes it healthier and will make it grow faster. 

Lovemy3queens
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:23 AM
My daughter didn't have her first til she was 3!
10isenough
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:57 PM

My dd9 I don't know. She was 6 when we adopted her and her hair was short when we got her.

My dd8 was 7. My sister never cut her hair so when we got custody of her we got it cut.

Dd 4 still hasn't had her hair cut.

toopicky429
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:03 PM
My daughter was 6 months old. She was born with a mullet, and that's about as long as I could tolerate it.
Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter was 3. She has super long hair since she was a baby. I could put it in pig tails at the age of probably 9 months....weird....So she's 5 and has gotten her hair cut 4 times...

Arwyn724
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:13 PM

My youngest granddaughter got her first haircut at 11 months.  Her bangs hung down to her chin, and she wouldn't keep it in hair clips or ponytails.  My daughter had to cut it to keep it out of her mouth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)