Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sick baby.. so sad

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:14 AM
  • 8 Replies
Hello everyone. I am new to cafemom & I am desperately looking for some good ol' home remedies. My son will be 7 months on the 21st. He currently has RSV and he is so unbelievably miserable.. It hurts my heart to see him like this. He's terribly congested. He's got an awful cough. And his breathing is rough. We've been to the ER and pediatrician. He has a nebulizer, inhaler, & he's on prednosone. He do the steam shower, we do the humidifier, we do the Vicks baby rub on feet,chest,and back.. We do warm baths, we use the saline and nose syringe. Annnnnnd NOTHING seems to be helping. Pleeeease.... All advice, suggestions, or ideas welcomed. Thanks!!!
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:45 AM
Poor baby that's a an awful age to be sick.

I would get a wedge pillow to keep him propped up. Increase fluids water,tea,chicken broth etc. Johnson's baby vapor bathbath.

My grandma gave me Red clover tea for congestion. I give it to my kids . You can research it to see if its something that your interested in.

Good luck.

midema
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM
Thank u for ur suggestions! I dont have any family unfortunately.. And i only have a handful of friends & none of them have children..So besides google.. I don't get any advice or suggestions.. So I greatly appreciate urs.
I have read about cken broth but I wasn't sure if he was to young.
I do have him propped up and I have been giving him pedialyte.
I will def look into the baby vaporbath & the red clover tea. Thanks again!! I'm willing to try anything just for him to get a little relief.
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:05 PM

I don't have experience with RSV but some of the moms in the Babies group might. You should ask there. Good luck!

jconney80
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:39 PM

Aww I'm so sorry that he's so miserable! I hated seeing my babies sick like that. It's so hard to make them comfy when they can't breathe. I don't have any more suggestions really except to wait it out :( Hope he feels better quickly!

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 11:09 AM

Poor sweet baby!  It sounds like you're doing everything right and will just need to wait it out now.  But, if it gets worse take him to the ER again.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 2:23 PM

I am sorry he is sick. :(

How is he today?

midema
by Member on Jan. 17, 2015 at 12:31 PM
Thank u everyone for ur replies, thoughts, and suggestions... I, unfortunately don't have and family... And I only have a handful of friends... And none of them have children... Soooo I am so grateful to be able to connect with other moms and get some feedback.
Today is day 7... And even tho he isn't 100% better... We've made some progress. Starting to see that little smile again... And hear his little giggle. Soooo with a little more TLC and a few more days of rest... Hopefully he will be back to himself again soon.
This was my 1st experience with cafemom.. And honestly.. I can't thank u all enough... Warms my heart all the well wishes and hugs... Im feeling very blessed to have gained new "mom" friends... Thanks everyone!!
Karmahappens
by Member on Jan. 17, 2015 at 2:30 PM
Breastplate is a clear liquid and far superior to pedialyte. Do you breastfeed?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)