Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hi I'm new

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:54 AM
  • 5 Replies
Hey everyone. I joined because I'm very new at this, and everything just got real. I've been dating this man for 2 years now. We just got engaged a few months ago. Shortly after I lost my full time job (still have part time) and he asked me to stay home with his 5 year old daughter. To put this in prospective, we met online. He mentioned he had a daughter (who is absolutely wonderful). I wasn't going to give him the time of day, because I never wanted kids. Still don't want any of my own. We met in person on accident. We never meant to meet each other but fate decided otherwise. So I guess I'm looking for support in raising this little girl. I catch myself being very strict and I don't want to be that kind of step mom. I back off when I catch myself. I don't know how to "play". Growing up I always hung around the older kids and mostly boys. My step daughter is a princess. She cries if she gets mud on her leg! Mud is one of my favorite things! So I'm at a loss of how to entertain this little girl! Help!
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:38 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Aww on the princess .. some girls are like that.
Does she live with you full time?  Congrats on your engagement.  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting mleelee: Hey everyone. I joined because I'm very new at this, and everything just got real. I've been dating this man for 2 years now. We just got engaged a few months ago. Shortly after I lost my full time job (still have part time) and he asked me to stay home with his 5 year old daughter. To put this in prospective, we met online. He mentioned he had a daughter (who is absolutely wonderful). I wasn't going to give him the time of day, because I never wanted kids. Still don't want any of my own. We met in person on accident. We never meant to meet each other but fate decided otherwise. So I guess I'm looking for support in raising this little girl. I catch myself being very strict and I don't want to be that kind of step mom. I back off when I catch myself. I don't know how to "play". Growing up I always hung around the older kids and mostly boys. My step daughter is a princess. She cries if she gets mud on her leg! Mud is one of my favorite things! So I'm at a loss of how to entertain this little girl! Help!

mleelee
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:29 AM
No, my fiancé has primary custody but time is split 50/50. Even tho OW is breaking divorce contact and I've been pushing to take her back to court for full custody. Just never pictured myself as a mom.
hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:39 AM

Well looks like you are now though right?
Is she in school yet?

Quoting mleelee: No, my fiancé has primary custody but time is split 50/50. Even tho OW is breaking divorce contact and I've been pushing to take her back to court for full custody. Just never pictured myself as a mom.

mleelee
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:58 AM
No she starts this fall. Summer I'm sure will be easier. Here in Montana it's to cold to go outside and play
hugss

by Sapphire Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:07 PM

So what do you guys do all day when she is there?

Quoting mleelee: No she starts this fall. Summer I'm sure will be easier. Here in Montana it's to cold to go outside and play

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)