• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well,they wouldn't do anything to stop it and now

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:23 AM
  • 21 Replies

they are trying to say that it was all Brian's fault,when clearly it wasn't.Brian is my 13 year old and he rides the bus to school. There is a boy that sits directly behind Brian that spends the entire ride to/from school smacking Brian on the back of the head.We have spoke to the bus driver,and she said she would take care of it...she hasn't done anything.We spoke to the principal and the principal told us that he couldn't do anything and to contact the company that hires the drivers.

Anywho,long story short, *Devon started hitting Brian yesterday and was asked to stop.And,then Brian told the bus driver (the driver wouldn't even let him swap seats with someone!!)and she didn't do anything.....Can you guess what happened? Brian turned around and hit *Devon once (as hard as he could).And,now the bus driver is trying to suspend Brian from riding the bus.In her(driver) report she never once mentions the fact that *Devon has been smacking Brian on the back of the head for about a month and a half.She sort of made it sound like Brian turned around and clobbered the other boy just because....wth? I can't believe she actually thought she would "get away" with that lie because my younger son and 3 other neighborhood kids have seen what's been going on.Now,the principal has no other option than to try and figure out what happened....

Can/should we report the bus driver for not putting a stop to it earlier?

(Brian is not in trouble for finally defending himself. Even though everyone in my family seem to think I should punish him...would you punish your son?) 

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kenre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I would press the issue, yes. That is bullying. Sad that your son had to deck the kid to stop it.

When I clobbered (threw the boy multiple times into a cinder block wall at school) a bully I was suspended for three days and put into in-house suspension for two weeks. I snapped finally when the kid turned onto picking on my sister. My dad, though, gave me a movie day and I had a relaxing three days at home. He was proud I stood up for myself.

Even adults are allowed to defend themselves from attackers. I don't understand why we feel children shouldn't be able to? If we tell kids bullying isn't allowed, don't help to stop the situation, and allow bullies full reign, then we end up with bully adults and suicide teens. I encourage my kids to floor anyone who thinks they can physically harm them or someone else.

Good on your son, though I would have had him break the other kid's nose sooner than a month and half of being slapped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Hell yeah you should report her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:33 AM

We told Brian to hit him back a month and a half ago. Brian didn't WANT to hit the other kid. I guess *Devon just caught him at the wrong time.....

Quoting Kenre: I would press the issue, yes. That is bullying. Sad that your son had to deck the kid to stop it. When I clobbered (threw the boy multiple times into a cinder block wall at school) a bully I was suspended for three days and put into in-house suspension for two weeks. I snapped finally when the kid turned onto picking on my sister. My dad, though, gave me a movie day and I had a relaxing three days at home. He was proud I stood up for myself. Even adults are allowed to defend themselves from attackers. I don't understand why we feel children shouldn't be able to? If we tell kids bullying isn't allowed, don't help to stop the situation, and allow bullies full reign, then we end up with bully adults and suicide teens. I encourage my kids to floor anyone who thinks they can physically harm them or someone else. Good on your son, though I would have had him break the other kid's nose sooner than a month and half of being slapped.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:37 AM

When Bri walked in the door from school today,with just one look at him I knew something was wrong.All I said,"You finally hit him back,huh?"

Quoting beadingmom17: Hell yeah you should report her!

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I understand. I had been bullied for years, but it took my sister getting tripped by one of the bullies for me to see red. My dad had been teaching me for years to fight by this point, too, but I didn't want to hurt anyone.

Quoting brandyblx:

We told Brian to hit him back a month and a half ago. Brian didn't WANT to hit the other kid. I guess *Devon just caught him at the wrong time.....

Quoting Kenre: I would press the issue, yes. That is bullying. Sad that your son had to deck the kid to stop it.

When I clobbered (threw the boy multiple times into a cinder block wall at school) a bully I was suspended for three days and put into in-house suspension for two weeks. I snapped finally when the kid turned onto picking on my sister. My dad, though, gave me a movie day and I had a relaxing three days at home. He was proud I stood up for myself.

Even adults are allowed to defend themselves from attackers. I don't understand why we feel children shouldn't be able to? If we tell kids bullying isn't allowed, don't help to stop the situation, and allow bullies full reign, then we end up with bully adults and suicide teens. I encourage my kids to floor anyone who thinks they can physically harm them or someone else.

Good on your son, though I would have had him break the other kid's nose sooner than a month and half of being slapped.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I would report the bus drivew,
So glad ds decided to defend himself.
Hugs to you :)

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:39 AM

Brian hates confrontation (of any kind),I only "stepped in" to try and help Bri because I figured one week of being hit was enough. (This was at least 4 weeks ago)I've been wondering if *Devon did something else to Bri that made him turn around and punch him?

Quoting hugss:

I would report the bus drivew,So glad ds decided to defend himself.Hugs to you :)

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:58 AM
You know what? As well he should have! In third grade I had this kid who was bullying me. I finally, after two years of teasing and ignoring my dad's advice to just hit him, got pissed enough and I decked him in the face. He had a nice bloody nose and never bothered me again. However, this was 22 years ago when you could do stuff like that, lol. My point is that sometimes, while there might be consequences short term, that kid will probably think twice!

Quoting brandyblx:

When Bri walked in the door from school today,with just one look at him I knew something was wrong.All I said,"You finally hit him back,huh?"

Quoting beadingmom17: Hell yeah you should report her!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:18 AM

Sounds like it is possible :(

Quoting brandyblx:

Brian hates confrontation (of any kind),I only "stepped in" to try and help Bri because I figured one week of being hit was enough. (This was at least 4 weeks ago)I've been wondering if *Devon did something else to Bri that made him turn around and punch him?

Quoting hugss:

I would report the bus drivew,So glad ds decided to defend himself.Hugs to you :)

MyPricelessLife
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:04 AM
I'm glad your son defended himself! Is there a camera on the bus? That may really help the situation if there is.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)