Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you had to change your first name... ?

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:51 AM
  • 8 Replies

What would you change it to?

Growing up, I always prefered my middle name, Colleen.  But now I really like my first name.

If I HAD to change it, I'd probably go for something like Katie or Sarah.

by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mamzie1
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:54 AM
I was going to respond but I misread the title as your first time...not name...

But I like the name Summer.
TheSilence
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:06 AM
Elizabeth or Catherine
JanetJanMom
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:12 AM
I had a friend growing up who always joked that she would name her daughter , Doctor. That way the daughter would always have respect when spoken to… I guess if I changed my name to Doctor....
I would be Dr. Janetjanmom!

After doing 20 years of genealogy, my mom said she would have named me Sarah instead. When I was in grade school, I wanted my name to be changed to Violet, because I loved the color purple!

However, I love the new name that I have changed my name to however… I love the name, mom! In the future, I hope to be able to change my name to grandma....
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:16 AM
Funny,I hated my name as a kid. I loved the name Christina and wanted to change it.
Many moons later my daughter's name is Christina and remembered when she was about 10yo how I wanted that name! LOL
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:08 PM

I love the name Summer!

Quoting mamzie1: I was going to respond but I misread the title as your first time...not name... But I like the name Summer.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Elizabeth is one of my favorite names, it's my daughter's middle name.

Quoting TheSilence: Elizabeth or Catherine

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

:)  Mom is the BEST name!  But, like you, I'm hoping that I get to change mine to Grandma someday.

Quoting JanetJanMom: I had a friend growing up who always joked that she would name her daughter , Doctor. That way the daughter would always have respect when spoken to… I guess if I changed my name to Doctor.... I would be Dr. Janetjanmom! After doing 20 years of genealogy, my mom said she would have named me Sarah instead. When I was in grade school, I wanted my name to be changed to Violet, because I loved the color purple! However, I love the new name that I have changed my name to however… I love the name, mom! In the future, I hope to be able to change my name to grandma....

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:10 PM

LOL!  Nice that you named your daughter your favorite name. :)

Quoting Hottmomma607: Funny,I hated my name as a kid. I loved the name Christina and wanted to change it. Many moons later my daughter's name is Christina and remembered when she was about 10yo how I wanted that name! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)