Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What time of day do you hate most?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:27 AM
  • 17 Replies

The Worst Time of Day for Moms Revealed: Is This True for You?

clock 5pm

Everyone knows raising kids is hard, but what's the hardest moment of a mom's day? Well, according to a recent study of over 1,000 parents by Privilege Insurance, it's exactly ....

5:08 p.m.! The reason: 5:08 p.m. is right when the battle begins to feed, bathe, and get those little tykes to bed. Many parents surveyed confessed that meltdowns often ensue when their kids refuse to eat what's on their plate, or hop  in the tub, or drift off to sleep.

I totally get why 5:08 is a witching hour for moms. For instance, that's right when I'm trying to convince my 4-year-old daughter to try eating something other than shredded cheese. Then once I've coaxed her into the bath, she screams when I try to shampoo her hair. Then I spend another hour trying to pry her off me and get her to go to bed so we can repeat this whole crazy process tomorrow.

But here's the thing: As a working mom, I have to disagree with 5:08 being the worst part of my day. Because even if my daughter is driving me nuts, that's also when I get to SEE her -- and spending time with my whiny child still trumps just about everything else.

And lately I've tried to do what I can to just enjoy this time together. Instead of force feeding my daughter vegetables, I order takeout, and skip the shampooing, and actually read that extra book she's wheedling me to read. And this makes me wonder: Maybe, looking back, those "worst" moments as a parent really are the best.

What's the worst time of day for you as a mom?

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:30 AM
5:15. That's when I wake up for work.
wilky5
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:46 AM
5:08pm is good for me because that's about the time I get DS from daycare.

For me it would be 6:30pm. That's when I'm trying to figure out how I can do a load of laundry, cook dinner, and get my homework done all at the same time.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:06 PM

Waking up in the mornings :(

CreamTop
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:16 PM
Mornings. Ugh!
Beautifulmom513
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:20 PM
Nope its mornings here. Getting up early to get my son up and ready for school and dropping him off. All I can think about is getting back home ASAP so I can go back to bed.
SpiritedWitch
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:37 PM

Mornings ... I hate mornings. I'm ill and not very friendly at all. 

"Anger makes you stupid. Stupid gets you killed." Michonne

AddictiveSide
by Sarcastic Tendencies on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:15 PM
Mornings, it is more chaotic for me in the morning.
auntangelofsix
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 2:52 PM
Getting dinner on the Table at about 5:30 p.m. n bath n then bedtime
theResidentCat
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:07 PM

MORNING

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:30 PM
Mornings.....lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)