Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does a women get pregnant before

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:58 AM
  • 37 Replies
Or after her period? When is it more possible for a women to get pregnant, after having her period or before her period?

by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mama2ETA
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, between periods. About a week to two after it starts
tclaurend
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
When you have a period, you ovulate (release an egg) about 2 weeks after. You become pregnant when the sperm connects with the egg and implants into your uterus, which happens about 2 weeks after ovulation.

You should really learn about how your body works. We're fascinating creatures
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:08 AM

*facepalm* Seriously?! 

You ovulate BETWEEN a periods. A period is the shedding of the lining of the uterus because you didn't get pregnant that month. Then it takes about 2 weeks to rebuild the lining again and your ovary releases an egg. If fertilized it will (possibly) implant in the lining of the uterus and if it takes hold and successfully implants you are pregnant. If not, about 2 weeks later you shed the lining of your uterus again. That's why it's called a cycle, because it's circle.

Snow0329
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 9:53 AM
So about a week or two after a period starts? So if someone gets their period on Jan 1st to Jan 4th they can get pregnant from anytime they have sex from the last day of their period to about the 15th give or take a few days....

Quoting Mama2ETA: Well, between periods. About a week to two after it starts
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

No. Generally, and I say generally because every woman's body is different, if your period is Jan 1 to Jan 4, you'd start ovulating somewhere between Jan 11 and Jan 21, if you normally have a 28 day cycle. Sometimes it can be early, sometimes it can be late, because everyone's body works differently and there are tons of factors that affect ovulation.

Quoting Snow0329: So about a week or two after a period starts? So if someone gets their period on Jan 1st to Jan 4th they can get pregnant from anytime they have sex from the last day of their period to about the 15th give or take a few days....
Quoting Mama2ETA: Well, between periods. About a week to two after it starts

swthugsnksses30
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:14 AM
Not every women is textbook. Generally it's after AF. I use opks and temp, and I typically o cd13/16. It has been as early as cd10 (once, a few yrs ago) and cd12 this past February. Ff (a fertility app) gave me crosshairs saying I possibly Od cd8.
When I say CD I mean cycle day it's the day from ur first full flow all the way till ur next period.
R u trying to get pregnant? There's a great TTC group on here. U should look it up.
swthugsnksses30
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:16 AM
4 moms liked this
The facepalm was unnecessary. No women should be afraid or made to think she's stupid to ask a question on here. Be considerate.

Quoting Molimomma:

*facepalm* Seriously?! 

You ovulate BETWEEN a periods. A period is the shedding of the lining of the uterus because you didn't get pregnant that month. Then it takes about 2 weeks to rebuild the lining again and your ovary releases an egg. If fertilized it will (possibly) implant in the lining of the uterus and if it takes hold and successfully implants you are pregnant. If not, about 2 weeks later you shed the lining of your uterus again. That's why it's called a cycle, because it's circle.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:27 AM
After, that is a point of a period to ovulate. Do you think you're pregnant? Do you have other kids?

Quoting Snow0329: Or after her period? When is it more possible for a women to get pregnant, after having her period or before her period?

morgiefae
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

For both of my girls, I got pregnant right after my period ended (really easy to keep track because my exh had something against sex. and we would go months - year+ with out it)

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this

The facepalm was that a grown adult would not know how her own body works. This is basic health/biology class. This is what happens when schools aren't allowed to teach BASIC health and sex education classes. i was raised by 2 nurses so I knew long before how it all works but I think it is terrible that others aren't taught the basics of human biology in school.

Quoting swthugsnksses30: The facepalm was unnecessary. No women should be afraid or made to think she's stupid to ask a question on here. Be considerate.
Quoting Molimomma:

*facepalm* Seriously?! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)