Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hip dysplasia and club foot

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

Mobile Photo

Do any of you have any experience with either? My Kayley was born 3-16-15 with both hip dysplasia and club foot she got her first cast today and we go back every week for 4-6 weeks. They said they will most likely do surgery on her hips. Can anyone tell me what to expect? The cast doesn't seem to bother her and her papa already signed it lol.
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
schultzal
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:58 PM
They usually try a pavlik harness before surgery, for hip dysplasia. That may depend on the severity, I suppose.
letstalk747
by Joy on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:59 PM

please come join this group

squeekers
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 10:59 PM

I was born with hip dysplasia and pideon foot on my left side. My parents told me I wore leg brace casts for months, and killed the edges of 3 cribs. I wore corrective shoes up thru 2-3rd grade until my feet stopped pivoting and learned to be straight. Now at 46, I only have a bit of trouble if my sciatic nerve goes wonky.

doodlesmom13
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:02 PM
A friend of mine had a baby with club foot. The little girl had to go through a local of surgery but in the end she was able to walk normally. My sister had hip dysplasia and had to wear a special brace.
heatherfoutch
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:03 PM
Her hips are stiff he said and he can't move them where they need to be. Dr said she's gonna need surgery but we have to wait til she's old enough for anistethia
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:45 PM
I was born with hip dysplasia. I wore braces for all of my childhood, and now at 36 my left hip is still in pain.
heatherfoutch
by Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 12:34 AM
What group?

Quoting letstalk747:

CreamTop
by on Apr. 11, 2015 at 1:22 PM
I haven't had a child with this, but best of luck to you mama!
letstalk747
by Joy on Apr. 12, 2015 at 2:40 PM

sorry

Quoting heatherfoutch: What group?
Quoting letstalk747:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)