Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know where else to post (vent)

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:32 PM
  • 4 Replies
PLZ dont judge me, and if you do... plz dont do it out loud. I just need to vent and dont know where to post. If you have advice, then great.

I am on the verge of having a meltdown at work... and I feel its sooo unnecessary. DH and I just started TTC in the beginning of March and nothing yet. IDk how the other ladies go so long. Its been a month and I feel defeated. I am gaining weight and that is bothering me. I am having the hardest time learning to cook healthy food for my family and I so we eat out a lot. I feel like my "friends" are distancing themselves from me. I hate the people I work with but jobs nowadays a far and few between that will actually pay what I need to survive. DH has no desire to lose weight and he needs to. And on top of that, my apartment complex is having sever issues that I would rather not say out loud.
by on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BeautifulMomof1
by Member on Apr. 10, 2015 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Take a deep breath, count slowly backwards from 10 as you let it out . .

Despite how you're feeling, it's going to be ok . .

TTC can be tough . . It's easier said than done, but try not to think about it . . It will happen . .

With the weight loss, try making one or two small changes, like eat a salad for lunch or work in a 20 minute walk or some other type of exercise . .

As far as your friends, trying reaching out to them and set up a girls lunch or dinner or just catch up over the phone . .

As for your job - forget the people that work there . . Do your job and go home . . Focus on the big picture . .

Hope some of this helps . .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww so sorry hon,
It took us 3 years to have our first son so hang in there,
Sounds like you need to find some healthy melas so you don't eat out.
HJave you checked online for helthy recipes?
Hugs to you :)

Quoting Stitchesandlace: PLZ dont judge me, and if you do... plz dont do it out loud. I just need to vent and dont know where to post. If you have advice, then great. I am on the verge of having a meltdown at work... and I feel its sooo unnecessary. DH and I just started TTC in the beginning of March and nothing yet. IDk how the other ladies go so long. Its been a month and I feel defeated. I am gaining weight and that is bothering me. I am having the hardest time learning to cook healthy food for my family and I so we eat out a lot. I feel like my "friends" are distancing themselves from me. I hate the people I work with but jobs nowadays a far and few between that will actually pay what I need to survive. DH has no desire to lose weight and he needs to. And on top of that, my apartment complex is having sever issues that I would rather not say out loud.

midnight_storm
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2015 at 3:24 AM
2 moms liked this

First, let me say welcome to the group. Second, you mentioned not knowing where to post this. This is a public group without the anon feature, it is entirely up to you whether you want to post this info here, there is nothing against it. Just be careful of what personal information you post.  I am not saying that to discourage you, just as a cautionary word of advice:) 

It sounds like you are overwhelmed momma. It happens, we can all feel overwhelmed at one time or another. Let me just take this opportunity to put the TTC into perspective for you. In a one month time period of ttc, that has only been what one, MAYBE two cycles of a few day window of being optimal conception conditions. IF you were on bc prior to ttc other than condoms, it can take a bit of time for your cycle to get use to the lack of supplemental hormones that have been dictating your body until now. 

What are you having a hard time with over cooking healthy? Is it that you just don't know how to cook the foods, trying to plan meals your family will eat, or is it something else? Sometimes, it works better to start off with just making small changes at first and working your way gradually. If you normally cook fried foods, switch to baking and roasting. If you normally get a lot of prepackaged, stop and make from scratch where you can control the ingredients and additives. If your family will only eat white bread, buy the whole grain white wheat. Buy fresh fruits and vegetables, leave the cookies and sweet snacks out of the cart, instead, bake up a batch of from scratch homemade cookies as a treat for the whole week, switch from table salt to kosher or sea salt. These are just tiny changes you can start making. There is also a shopping technique some use which is simply staying out of the inner aisles at the store. Most stores, the produce dept, meat department, dairy are all on the outer area with the inner aisles being frozen foods, process foods, junk foods. Another thing you can do is substitute ground beef for ground turkey.  

I know gaining weight can be upsetting, but remember you are beautiful the way you are. Losing weight, making healthy choices, should really be about your health. If it isn't, then you put too much pressure on yourself, set yourself up to struggle and risk eating disorders. You also can not worry about whether your dh will lose weight or not, making the food changes at home is all you can do, it is ultimately up to him to decide to be healthier. 

There really isn't much I can say about the work situation. Just remember that though you have to work with these people, you do not have to like them or be friends with them. They are just people who are a small part of your life and your day. As to what is going on with your apartment, things happen. Some really sucky things can happen. They can be frustrating and stressful. But you have to remember some things are just beyond your control.  

Do you Pinterest? When I get up in the morning I search for funny quotes as I drink my morning tea. You don't even have to Pinterest to do this, just Google funny quotes. It may sound odd, but it is so hard to have a bad day when you start your morning with laughter.

((Hugs)) It will get better.

CreamTop
by on Apr. 11, 2015 at 1:19 PM
I'm sorry you're going through a rough time! I agree with all the suggestions so far. Can you focus on the eating healthy part, and what your struggles are in this area? If you start eating healthier, dh will naturally lose the excess weight, especially if you incorporate a walk into your daily routine. I know the hormones fro TTC can add weight, but strive to be as healthy as possible - this is only temporary!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)