Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where is the best place to live if you have lung problems?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 1:50 PM
  • 24 Replies
Hey, This is the 3rd time I have had this lung infection. I was diagnosed with COPD and I live in Florida. My mom thinks I should move to ARIZONA......

I cant find anything on the net about where is the best place to live if you have lung problems.

Anyone have a clue?

Care to share?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/DOTSHEARTS
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Jesusweloveyou

JESUS LOVES YOU EVEN IF YOU DONT BELIVE
IN HIM. HE STILL DIED ON THE CROSS FOR YOU.
Join us today

by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scristinej
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 1:52 PM
Well it depends on what part of AZ you move to. Where the air is usually dry, sometimes its too dry and dusty for the lungs. I live in San Diego and its pretty nice yearround and allergens in the air arent too bad usually. Now when the Santa Ana winds pick up or theres a fire its a different story lol.
tvlandmom59
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 1:59 PM

I have asthma and kind of understand what you are going thru.  I live in the Washington DC area which is not the best place for people with breathing problems.  But I think Florida would be pretty bad since you have the humidity, heat  and abundant plant growth which leaves tons of pollen in the air.  I am not a doctor, but I would think a drier climate would help.  It doesn't necessarily have to be Arizona...actually I think the heat and dust there would not be too good.
I would think somewhere in the Northest that isn't too congested with traffic.
Plus you want to be in an area that has top quality hospitals and physicians.
I would ask your pulmonologist.  And make sure you are on all the best meds..they have so many new ones out that really help.
I am doing great and I credit my meds.  I take advair, singulair, nasacort and zyrtec.  They really have helped me.  Good luck!!!
kathyshelton
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 2:06 PM
i have C.O.P.D. also and i live in a small town in AL.  I have my good days as well as the bad ones but for most of the time, i do fine.
Theresa65
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 2:08 PM
I have asthma and everyone tells me AZ too !

I know NYS is not the best place too humid.

Theresa

DanniGold
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 2:09 PM
I would say Phoenix or Tuscon. I live in Vegas and it's pretty dry here. If you lived out it here it wouldn't be too bad. The worst in any of these cities would be July and August (Monsoon season)

www.myspace.com/dgoldmom

ENIGMA007
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 2:10 PM
Arizona is nice. But it is better up in the mountains 5000 ft above phx. Clean frsh air. Chronic bronchitis not a problem in years.
Tigerlily60
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 2:11 PM
tigerlily60 have tried Florida? tigerlily60
tdenham
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 2:12 PM
Maybe check out this site, they have a chat room for people with COPD.
http://www.copd-international.com/COPD/

ladyvamp5489
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 2:12 PM
I grew up in Tucson AZ and my asthma was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was to the point where the drs TOLD me to move to a wetter cooler climate or i would be dead in 2 yrs!  Well i DID move and im SOOO much better here in OR!!!!!!!!  that was almost 3 yrs ago and i have been able to get off the prednizone that i was on for 5 yrs in AZ!  I would NOT recommend southern AZ for you!!!!!!  Maybe like Flagstaff  would be fine  but its also very dry!  but not as dusty!  The dust is BAD for asthmatics!  As i said im in OR  and LOVE it and everyone here is SO friendly and helpful!!!!! I wouldnt want to live anywhere else now!!!!!!!  This is my home!!!!!!!!
3corncrew
by on Jan. 12, 2008 at 2:15 PM
I googled        COPD best places to live    

This was the top choice

http://climates.allergynursing.com/2006/02/18/climate-and-asthma/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)