Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Price is Right... but the prize was wrong.

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

Oops.

http://www.people.com/article/price-is-right-contestant-wheelchair-wins-treadmill

Epic Fail on The Price Is Right: Contestant in a Wheelchair Wins a Treadmill

By Michael Miller

05/05/2015 AT 03:50 PM EDT

The price may have been right, but the prize was very wrong.

On Tuesday's episode of The Price Is Right, a contestant named Danielle played the game show and won two prizes: a sauna and a brand-new treadmill. The only problem with the treadmill is that Danielle uses a wheelchair.

"Those are really nice," said the rather surprised contestant, after Drew Carey asked the show's announcer, George, to reveal the prizes.

While Danielle handled the awkward situation with a smile, hundreds took to Twitter to point out the poorly chosen gift.

The treadmill incident is the second prize-related mishap on the game show recently. Last month, a model on the show prematurely awarded an undeserving contestant a free car.

"Every member of The Price Is Right studio audience has a chance to be selected to play," CBS and FremantleMedia tells PEOPLE, adding, "Prizes are determined in advance of the show and are not decided based on the contestants."
by on May. 5, 2015 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SaskMummy
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:44 PM
She could sell it
eyes4ears
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
That's true. Prizes are already vhoosen prior yo each pne hour taping. No ones fault. People i wheelchairs can still hsve family that can use ghe treadmill.
graybealgirl
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:52 PM
I saw that episode today
MokanaModoki
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 11:55 PM
Thats funny, I don't really see how its wrong or anything. I'd have just laughed and cracked a joke about it lol I don't use a wheelchair, but I can't use a treadmill because of some feet issues lol
squeekers
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2015 at 12:01 AM
Do like Ceasar Milan does - walk the dogs on it.
armywifey1983
by on May. 6, 2015 at 12:05 AM

I don't think it was insensitive, especially since the prizes are chosen before the show. I thought it was funny, and apparently she did, too.

valkay
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2015 at 12:07 AM
They can take the money equivalent
Uhura
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Not their fault, actually. The prizes were chosen long before she ever showed up to play.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Bmat
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Wow! Was the prize changed for her?

What about the car-  did the person get to keep it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)